First 18f452 attempt

Tanstaafl

I have been using my midibox based on the 16f877 for a while.  Now I am attempting to start with MIOS.  

I have made the hardware mods to the JDM programmer. swapped the 20MHz xtal for a 10MHz xtal and added the extra 10k resistor to fix LVP.

When I plug power into the core module....MidiOX shows:

SYSX: 240 0 0 126 64 0 1 247

I have no idea what this means.  

I am using a standard 2 x 16 lcd , one DINX4, one AIN(32 pots), and one keypad plugged into the DINX4.

All of this stuff works with the '877 version/chip

Any help whould be greatly appreciated.

thanx in advance :)

gb

I have been using my midibox based on the 16f877 for a while.  Now I am attempting to start with MIOS.  

I have made the hardware mods to the JDM programmer. swapped the 20MHz xtal for a 10MHz xtal and added the extra 10k resistor to fix LVP.

When I plug power into the core module....MidiOX shows:

SYSX: 240 0 0 126 64 0 1 247

I have no idea what this means.  

I am using a standard 2 x 16 lcd , one DINX4, one AIN(32 pots), and one keypad plugged into the DINX4.

All of this stuff works with the '877 version/chip

Any help whould be greatly appreciated.

thanx in advance :)

gb

yeah, I changed the bankstick lead to pin 28 (RD5)

I don't use a SID and only have one DIOX4, with nothing else attached to SC.

however, I have had a hard time getting my head around the ID of the chip.  when I bring up IC-Prog and load the bootloader, the ID appears to already be set to 000000000 (however many zeros it is)  I will want to use this in a multi midibox config eventually.  

Am I still missing something?

thanx

gb

yeah, I changed the bankstick lead to pin 28 (RD5)

I don't use a SID and only have one DIOX4, with nothing else attached to SC.

however, I have had a hard time getting my head around the ID of the chip.  when I bring up IC-Prog and load the bootloader, the ID appears to already be set to 000000000 (however many zeros it is)  I will want to use this in a multi midibox config eventually.  

Am I still missing something?

thanx

gb

Ok, let's sort some things ...

You have successfully burned the bootloader.

The id 000....0000 is ok, as long as you don't use a LTC Module.

Now you have to sysex the MIOS1.7 in MidiOX (you must start to SysEx in 2 seconds after power up).

After that you can SysEx your application.

hope this helps

DOC

Ok, let's sort some things ...

You have successfully burned the bootloader.

The id 000....0000 is ok, as long as you don't use a LTC Module.

Now you have to sysex the MIOS1.7 in MidiOX (you must start to SysEx in 2 seconds after power up).

After that you can SysEx your application.

hope this helps

DOC

thanx for the reply DOC,

yeah, that's the procedure I have followed.... still get the same SYSX message as stated in my original post and the lcd displays all blocks on the top row (forgot to mention that yesterday).  

When same board is stuffed with a `877 DINX4, lcd, pots, buttons all work fine.  

Of course, I have only had a couple of hours a day to play with this since getting the `452, so will have a bit more time this weekend to dig deeper.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

thanx

gb

thanx for the reply DOC,

yeah, that's the procedure I have followed.... still get the same SYSX message as stated in my original post and the lcd displays all blocks on the top row (forgot to mention that yesterday).  

When same board is stuffed with a `877 DINX4, lcd, pots, buttons all work fine.  

Of course, I have only had a couple of hours a day to play with this since getting the `452, so will have a bit more time this weekend to dig deeper.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!

thanx

gb

I hope you've got this one working... (everything defaults to that 0000000000000000 ;))

Then in multi-midibox environment, assign different cores to unique IDs using IC-Prog.

Then convert MIOS and Applications from HEX to sysex with hex2syx.pl using -device_id [id] for each core.

The instructions are in bootstrap page..

Bye, Moebius

I hope you've got this one working... (everything defaults to that 0000000000000000 ;))

Then in multi-midibox environment, assign different cores to unique IDs using IC-Prog.

Then convert MIOS and Applications from HEX to sysex with hex2syx.pl using -device_id [id] for each core.

The instructions are in bootstrap page..

Bye, Moebius

Well, there are times when I can really be dense, and this appears to be one of those times.

I never set MidiOX to display HEX.... duhhh.  did that and at least the core is sending the (F0 XX XX XX XX) request to send string to MidiOX, so I am assuming the core is doing what it's supposed to.

I am beginning to think my midi-in to the core may be disfunctional in some way.   I will test that today.

Moebius,  I was under the impression that TK had posted all of the (already converted) .syx files to the website, so I have been using those.  Do I really need to run the perl scripts against the original hex files and use those instead?

Thanx for the help!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

gb

Well, there are times when I can really be dense, and this appears to be one of those times.

I never set MidiOX to display HEX.... duhhh.  did that and at least the core is sending the (F0 XX XX XX XX) request to send string to MidiOX, so I am assuming the core is doing what it's supposed to.

I am beginning to think my midi-in to the core may be disfunctional in some way.   I will test that today.

Moebius,  I was under the impression that TK had posted all of the (already converted) .syx files to the website, so I have been using those.  Do I really need to run the perl scripts against the original hex files and use those instead?

Thanx for the help!!

Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

gb