Converting BCF2000

Guest Henchman

Guest Henchman

Yeah. But I was thinking more along the lines of using the BCF as a starting point. possibly gutting it, replacing the faders, use the existing remaining encoders and buttons, and add new electronics to control it.

For those of us not wanting do build our own case etc. They're so cheap.

Hmmm. maybe I'll open mine up to see what kind of faders they sued.

I think that they have the Alps N-Type faders... you have to check the type and/or have to measure the resistance.

You propably can't use the original PCBs for the encoders and switches... I could imagine, that they implemented one big PCB for everything... perhaps you can customize it  ???

I also think, that you don't have enough space inside to pack the MB-Boards into the case.

... and why would you wanna take the original Behringer case? - It looks so cheesy  ;D

Greets, Roger

• 2 weeks later...
knowing what behringer did in the past... are we REALLY sure that inside the behringer midi controls there is not a PIC 18f452?

from memory, I think the ledrings on the behringer units have more than 11 led's, so no, not a mios ripoff. (unless they did a bit of their own customising!)

Shame the BCF has no scribble strips, they are so cheap! (I also thought about using these units for parts... but I didn't realise that they had no touch sensor...)

• 2 months later...

Back to the original question... (I hope its not too late!)

How hard would it be to exchnage the faders on a BCF2000 to be touchsensitive?

I am sure that the output of a simple midibox (core and a din module) could be merged with the output of the BCF to add a touch function. But this would have to be implemented by adding buttons at the bottom of each fader on the BCF2000, that you press when you want to activate the 'touch'.

This just leaves one problem... no LCD to tell you what is going on... maybe a midi thru box (easy to make) between the PC (or mac) and the BCF2000, with one of the outputs going to the midi in of a midibox LC core, with just the LCD(s) connected.

Possibly a cheap and slightly easier way of getting an LC (though with a few less buttons, functions)

...Steve