Note On/Off MbLC

Nikolai

Hi!

I'm building a midibox, lc, though a bit alterd.

I have tested it using cubase VST 32 and Midi OX, every thing works fine. The problem occurs when i set it up in Cubase SX.

The buttons/leds uses Midi ON/Off msgs.

When a midi msg i sent to the box the led wount go off..

I think this is very strange.

How have other people set up SX with their midi boxes?

Thi should be rather simple., and works great in VST but not in SX.

I would be greatful for any tips or experiences

Thank you all,

Nikolai

Update-

Further investigation shows that there is nothing worng whith my box. this is a cubase problem.

Testing..

Conecting a Midi keyboard and a Sound module instead of the Midi box shows the following.

Key pressed on keyboard  MuteButton on mixer Turns On

Press keyboard again and the  MuteButton goes off, but no sound from the module ( the generic remote is set to Resive AND transmit)when Pressing the mute button with the mouse the sound module plays a note and holds it as long as the button is on. Correct.

Conclution: When resiving a midi msg. Cubase's "Generic Remote" does not send a msg, out.

Nikolai

Hi Nikolai,

I remember that the generic remote of Cubase SX is not so well maintained by Steinberg like before. In particular versions one or two functions are not working, in following versions they are fixed but other functions are failing... :-/

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Thank you clearing that up. TK

I will look around in the cubase forum, and come back here and post an update, incase someone else has this problem later on.

Best,

Nikolai

------

btw.

Temporary workaround is: (quite stupid) create to instances of every function, ex. ch 1 mute button, create "mute 8" and "mute 8 S". . , told you, stupid solution.

hah :P