help with SID interconnection test!

bosone

i'm trying to give life to my SID (which for now is difficult!)

i still have to mount the LCD (which could simplificate a bit). the core is working (ping OK, etc)

voltages seems ok (apart the fact that i read 5V on pin 5 (res#) of SID which is connected to pin 2 (O5) of the shift register (and also here read 5V).  (without any IC put in the socket). my doubt is that on the schematic the R1  (10K) is connected to ground, while in the PCB it is connected to the 5V.... but this PCB worked time ago, so i suppose it's correct.

if i mount the sid interconnection test application (on MIOS 1.7, did the hardware upgrade, and all the connections seems OK), i read 5V on all the SID pins, and i cannot control them with the modwhell (using MIDIOX).

ideas??

PS: the SID is not working (i dont hear the dropping tune at the startup)

if i mount the sid interconnection test application (on MIOS 1.7, did the hardware upgrade, and all the connections seems OK), i read 5V on all the SID pins, and i cannot control them with the modwhell (using MIDIOX).

ideas??

I am unaware of any SID test application - is this new? I don't see it anywhere in the MIOS download section.

PS: the SID is not working (i dont hear the dropping tune at the startup)

You will only hear the tune if you have a bankstick connected - it will be an ascending arpeggio. It signifies that you have a bankstick connected. You should hear the descending one when you disconnect the bankstick.

Justin

• 1 year later...