Can damaged PIC still be programmable?

ReinerS

Hi,

this question may be silly. I just built the MidiMerger using the Pic16F877 chip and inserted it the wrong way. Voltage went down to 1 V.

After discovering the error I turned it around and found that the merger doesn't work. However, the PIC is still programmable without any problem with the JDM programmer.

Can it be damaged in such a way or is it more likely I did something wrong in building up the merger? (I doublechecked everything,though)

Thanks for any help

Reiner

Hmmm.... I've done some horrible things to my PICs and they still worked. One thing I've encoutered - I've messed them up to the point where I've had to completely erase them and re-program them. This usually happened when I was playing with code and sending new applications over and over to the PIC. You might try completely erasing it with your programmer.

Justin

When you´ve flipped the PIC you have pretty sure burnt it out... pretty sure. There is a *slight* chance that it got outta there without damage, but that´s just a point for fast reacting people ("Huh? Warm Pic... ... HOT PIC???" *Pulling fast*).

:'(