Korg DVP1

d2k

Hey...

Some more machines to (midi)box up ;) picked up one of this old digital voice processors, the vocoder and harmonise modes are much fun for realtime voice processing!, and the midi spec looks pretty healthy indeed :)

I've uploaded the owners and service manual's (thanks korg ;)) and would be grateful for some ideas for midibox implementation...I'm thinking with the midi spec as it is I could just use a mbsid/fm kinda menu/control stucture - what do you guys think...?

Owners Manual

Service Manual

Cheers!

wrt to "Chorus on/off" comment... i did ask for ideas not sarky remarks...;)

Hey - If you put it on a AUX send, you don't even have to reach for that! ;)

Aww.. what was I thinking?! ;D Well, if you like the machine and think it worth keeping (for the chorus, that is ;)).. play with it and see which parameters are worth midiboxifying and then it's time to See its SysEx specification and do some Midibox meta event programming..

Bye, Moebius

(p.s. How come So bloody useless pseudo-vocoder with anemic "Choirs" can have Such a wonderful Digital Chorus?? blaablaablaa.. hey, I'm an ex-owner - I think splitting up was a good thing to both of us. Well.. these days If I could get one cheaply I'd would get it for its...;))

• 6 years later...