commodore 128 can i use this to build the midibox

Guest nexus-6

Guest nexus-6

hi im tottally new at this

i was wondering if i can use the commodore 128 to build the midibox sid syntheziser from www.ucapps??

and is there anyone who would send me a list of all the parts that i will need to build it??

thanx

im hoping someone could held me

Dear Nexus.....

As for the other question here's what i did in 3 minutes;

If you have read the info on ucapps.de (please do this good; there are people who built complete midiboxes only with the info given there) concerning the midiboxsidsynth; you will notice that the only parts you need from the commodore are the SID sound ic (SID6581 or SID8580) and (optionally) the commodore power supply.

Go to google or something similar!! and search for;

"commodore 128" SID

on the first page there is this text;

For sound, the familiar SID 6581 microchip is used (version 2 or 3 depending on the machine). Commodore engineers included SID and VIC-II compatibility to allow existing Commodore 64 users to upgrade to the Commodore 128. In both 64 and 128 modes, the VIC-II and SID are accessible from BASIC and Machine Language routines (ML).

easy yeah?

The ucapps site can look a bit overwhelming at first, but the documentation is good and all there, just take your time reading it step by step, and just start building the thing! Like someone said before; the worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work the first time, and at that point i'm sure everyone at this forum will be more than willing to help you..

cheers marce\

Guest nexus-6

i again

ill think i will use the sid from a c128 in my midibox sid synth,i have have 1 last question before i got the most figured out

here it comes

i want to build the midibox sid synthesizer (step c)

so it is right that i need 4 sids??

correct me if i have got it wrong

No - you can build a step c with only 1 sid, and then add on as you like.

I highly recommend you build your MidiBox Sid in the same order that Thorsten has laid out:

Build the step A first and get it working.

then

Turn it into a step B and get it working.

then

Finish it out turning it into a step C with 1-4 SIDs

Good Luck ,

Justin