Shift function

lukas412

Hello eveyone,

I plan to build a rather large midibox soon, with 3 cores. This will be my first attempt, so I will have lots of questions. Right now I am just designing and planing.

The box I am creating will be based on the Ableton Live interface. I want to have a bank of 8 buttons on each of the channels on the box. I am wondering if it will be possible to have a shift button the will change the bank of 8 buttons from buttons 1 - 8 to buttons 9 - 16, doubling the functionality of the buttons. I dont have any experience with assembly so programing it my self seems rather daunting. I do have some other programing experience so Im not completly opposed to writing some code, but Im gonna need some help.

This is a great forum and project! Thank you all for all of your hard work!

Thanks,

Luke

www.technoiraudio.com

You could use the following solution:

Just assign bank up (bankstick) / bank down to two buttons in each of your used banks. Then assign 1-8 to bank 1 and 9-16 to bank 2 and so on. This way you have something similar to a shift button (even a little more flexible).

Greetz!