Nokia Display doesn't work

stefanN

I connected a Nokia Display pcd5844 to my Core module.

all connectoins are tested and correct. Voltage is 3,1 V but I used a 10uF  capacitor  instead of the 2,2 uF.  Then I changed the LCD Type to 7  using  change_id_v1_4 and loaded the pcd5844 example app.  But now the display shows nothing. Does anyone now, what could be wrong?

Hi stefaN,

at the beginning an important info: only the pcd5844 example app contains the driver, this means that you have to copy the app_lcd.inc file into other applications when you want to use them together with the display.

The example application also sets the LCD type to 7, so a wrong configuraton cannot be the problem.

How did you test the connections?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

thanx for this information, so I can be shure that it's no software related problem.

I tested the Voltage at the display and I checked, if there are

220Ohm between the pin of the Display and the corresponding pin of the PIC.

Perhaps I  have the wrong display?

I bought a Display for a Nokia 3310, I don't think there are

differences.

So I'm going to check all connections, voltages, resistors...again.

I would be verry pretty if I get this display working, because it's not only cheap but also extrem flat, small, nice...  

Now I'm shure, that I've the wrong display. I tested it with anothher core modul and it didn't work either.  Furthermore the additional four pins are missing.  And now the glas is broken anyway. So I'll try to get a complete 3310 instead of only the display. Or can somebody tell me, where to order a compatible display in Germany?

i mean the four unused pins which you can see on the wiring diagramm at the  MBHP_LCD page.  

Yes, it look's like the one at  myplace.nu but instead of the tape there is a metal frame around it.

Tomorrow i'll get another used NOKIA phone. Perhaps it has the right display.

• 1 month later...