Where to get european power supply

nogginj

Hello everyone. I am wondering if anybody knows a website where I can order power supplies I think you call them 'transformers'...in America we call them 'Wall warts' because they are so fat and stupid. Either way, I have moved to Praha, Czech Republic and I need to get a couple of these for some electronics I have.

Which brings me to another question...is what I am doing feasible? The equipment I have came with powersupplies accepting US 120V current. If I replace with this correct output but for European plugs, will I be ok?

Specifically I am after one DC 15V 500mA with one type of polarity [+C-](not sure how to read this symbol) and one DC 12V 1000mA with the opposite polarity [-C+].

Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Most of europe is 240V  50Hz ? Putting a new plug on your transformer/wallwart  will blow it up!

I Think  the technical name for a transformer becomes a powersupply when it has conditioning components added.. i.e. filter caps, soothing caps, rectifier, regulators etc... FYI.

I sometimes use powersupplies from old computers... people throw them away. But no 15V output... bummer.  But lots of other stuff people throw away  will  have what you want.  Its best to stick with PSU's that are in their own case and the different voltage outputs appear on the end of a lead that plugs into the device... like old video camera powersupplies. Inside a case=safer/

good luck