All's well when ends well (SID and Core finally working)

nILS

I would like to thank everyone for their patience during my troubleshooting process! ;)

Finally, my SID and Core are working perfectly well. My problems were rather simple, too - A small blob of solder on the Core kept the MidiIn from working and the SID and Bankstick didn't work at first cause I didn't notice the change in the wiring for MIOS 1.7. I really can't see why I didn't find that info right away... ???

Anyways, no it's working and I'm all happy. Soldered another SID/Core pair in about an hour  - and they both worked right away. So, I have 2 Cores, 2 SIDs got my DINXs and DOUTs ready. To finally reach Step C I will build 2 more Cores and SIDs next month after my exams. ;D

And again - thank you all - especially TK for this great project which is actually pretty easy if you don't mess it all up, like I did!

nILS

EDIT: Spelling ;)

Finally, my SID and Core are working perfectly well.

d2k told ya! ;) (everybody, join #midibox@EFnet)

I'm glad you got it working ;D

...and the SID and Bankstick didn't work at first cause I didn't notice the change in the wiring for MIOS 1.7. I really can't see why I didn't find that info right away... ???

Because TK doesn't use revision numbers in pdf files? ;) No, actually this pops up from time to time. Everybody just should take care downloading the latest document versions and seeing the notes before starting the actual building process.. (not gonna happen :D)

Have fun, Moebius