can somebody help me coding?

zeh

i really need this autosave pattern feature. like all the grooveboxes in softsynth programs. you alwas just have to select the pattern to edit, edit it, and then switch to the next one and edit it. there is no 'save pattern' button, its autosaved. so, since MIOS is able to write the bankstick, isnt it possible, to write the data to the bankstick, everytime a knob is turned. on every interupt? is this too bad for the perfomance? how long does a write take? or maybe, letz autosave every 5 seconds or so.

i dont want to save everytime i changed the pattern. i think, there are people outside, which think this would be a good change in the software for the SEQ. i also think, its not too much work. my assembler skills are in the beginnings, so maybe someone who thinks this is cool, wants to help me implementing it, or, changing it in the software?

thanks

-zeh

Hi Zeh,

I've some plans for a non-blocking BankStick Write function (and a Status function which helps to determine if a write is ongoing), which will allow to save data in background without affecting the realtime performance. Not only in MBSEQ, but also in MBSID and MBFM.

But this will require a lot of (small) changes in the application, and heavily testing, therefore I guess it's better when I will do this - maybe during my next vacation

Best Regards, Thorsten.

You don't need to stop the sequencer in order to save a pattern, but under special circumstances it can stumble for ca. 1 ms to max. 250 mS, if too much data has been changed at the same time (compared to the overwritten pattern)

However, no events get lost, and the BPM timer will still be on-sync, thats guaranteed by a special counter algorithm. Means: if the sequence was stucked for some mS due to a save process, events which where not played at this time will be played "at once", and the sequencer will continue as normal.

Best Regards, Thorsten.