LC: how to keep the cabling tidy?

rambinator

Hi there!

Now as screaming_rabbit got our motorfaders and I am on vacations from university, my midibox project goes on.

I have designed pcb's for the buttons with sockets for flat-cables to keep the cabling clean but then I realized, that I did

a tremendous mistake when assembling the AINs and DINs, which was one of the first things I did last year.

I bought them as kits from mike and they came with SIL-Headers as pin-outs and I was so dumb to use them with

out thinking about tomorrow. Now I see that many of you used socket-connectors for easy plugging of the cables and

the inside of the boxes still is quite chaotic. I fear now that I will be lost when connecting all of the cables (soldering

them all will be horror and a primary source for errors)

Did anyone of you do the same like me? Any solutions for clean cabling with the SIL-Headers?

I hope that not everything is lost, I don't think it would be practical to desolder all of the Headers.

greetings,

rambinator

• 9 months later...

actually i bought some of theese for the most complicated connections. but they are everything but not "cheap" if you count all the connections you need and buy those things it costs you quite a fortune.

what i now did ist:

getting some of these things http://www.conrad.de/goto.php?artikel=739510

taking a flat-cable strip and seperate every single wire. then i put a piece of shrinking hose over them.

solder the wires to the connecter. shrink the hose and put some isolating tape around the whole thing.