Question about LC

Junkyseb

Nudge allows to "kick" (or to shift) a track into a certain direction.

MBLC_HOLD_LAYER is a MIDIbox specific feature which allows you to switch to an alternative set of buttons/leds

Select Channel: Possibly a Logic specific feature? The cursor jumps to the selected track...

"VPot select": selects a menu item, e.g. you can choose, which parameter should be modified (if menus are supported by the host application)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, there are more functions supported by the logic protocol than you have buttons/inputs on your midibox. If you want these funcions anyway you have different layers, which means that you assign more than one function to a single button. Most suitable you put the functions which are less important in your personal workflow to the second layer. There might also be some Midibox-specific functions which I would also put to another layer.

The "clou" now is that you choose a button on your box and assign the MBLC_HOLD_LAYER function to this input. You can now switch through the different layers. Alternatively you can have a configuration which lets you access second-layer functions while holding this button (similar to an "alt" function).

If I am wrong with something, please correct me!

cheers,

rambinator

• 1 year later...

Yes...

With the default mapping of lc_io_tables_inc:

If you press the assigned MBLC_HOLD_LAYER button the layer assigned REC/READY LED turns on.

The number of the led indicates the number of the active layer (LAYER1 is REC/READY LED1, Layer2 Led2 and so on).

You can change this also in lc_io_tables.inc

greets

Doc