How to program core device 1-3?

renepela

Hi everybody,

Totday i finally managed, after some problems, to get my first core and sid working.

My first core is device ID 0.

I want a 4 sid synth so I want to connect 3 extra cores and 3 extra sids.

I already loaded the bootstrap on the 3 cores and they have device ID 1, 2 and 3.

I'd like to now what I must do next. I know how to upload MIOS and the sid app to the first core (already done with ID 0), but how do I upload to the 3 remaining cores?

How do I select the core I want to upload to and how do I change the MIOS device ID for that core?

I guess in the MIOS hex file I must change the ID, but where and how do I do that?

Must I send mios for the other cores withing to seconds after turning on the sid or was this only the case for the first core?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rene

Hi

I already loaded the bootstrap on the 3 cores and they have device ID 1, 2 and 3.

Good.

How do I select the core I want to upload to and how do I change the MIOS device ID for that core?

I guess in the MIOS hex file I must change the ID, but where and how do I do that?

I think easiest way today is to use MIOS Studio for that. (the old method was to use perl scripts that came with the MIOS/App packages) You can choose the target core ID in it. You'll have to change IDs of the SID apps too.

Must I send mios for the other cores withing to seconds after turning on the sid or was this only the case for the first core?

Yup.

Bye, Moebius

Just a few more questions Moebius,

I tried mios studio today and got it running.

I can load the mios hex file and change the ID.

There is also a setting for the bankstick number. Why? Is that relevant here?

MIOS is stored in the PIC and not on a bankstick, so what's the purpose of the banstick option?

My first core (ID 0) contains MIOS and the sid application.

Do I also have to upload the sid application to core 1, 2 and 3 or do I upload just MIOS to those cores?