7 segment displays going cheap..

Artesia

Hi everyone !

I recently stocked up on a bunch of new 7 segment displays; bought more than i needed.. should it interest anyone here;  i am able to offer them for 25p each.. Possibly less for more than a handful..

displays are as pictured below..

also have some bar graph ones somewhere too.

7seg5ys.th.jpg

15x16mm version:

Package Style: DIP

Char. Height (mm): 13

Number of Characters: 1

Luminous Intensity Min. (Cd): 600

If (Ma): 20 milliampre

Colour: Red

wave length (Peak): 665 nm

Circuit Connect: Common Cathode

Minimum Operating Temp (øC): -25

Maximum Operating Temp (øC): 85

7x14mm version:

similar specs for smaller module

more data soon...

..if this interests you, please contact me or leave a message here to express an interest in these displays..

Thanks.

Artesia (or anyone here),

I couldn't help but notice these are common cathode. Is this any problem for the LED part of the MIOS code or circuits, other than just rearranging some of the wiring? I've seen a bunch of CC's that I liked, but was afraid to get ;)

-George

... if you wanna use them for the LC Timecodedisplay, you need CA.

Greets, Roger

Hi,

You have a point there, i overlooked the common pin configuration, in relation to these projects..

I had a very quick look at the schematics for the dout module & have concluded that it should be fairly easy to make a common cathode mod (in software ?) ...As the current is flowing from one chip - to the next; through the displays. suggesting that it is possible to configure the polarity, of the outputs, on the driver chips.

Thus it should be possible to filp this configuration; will ask TK ..as he will probably know the answer already..

It's unfortunate that these will not drop into the project by default..

Hi,

You only need to invert the outgoing values. In MBLC, this can be done in lc_leddigits.inc, search for "call MIOS_DOUT_SRSet", and add "xorlw 0xff" before this function call in order to invert the content of WREG

Best Regards, Thorsten.