Centsible = swindler (Resolute problem)

PooLP

Hello everybody...

Well, just to warn you that the site http://www.centsible.com/  which is sells chip SID not my sent step what I ordered (2 chip SID)...

I made a 40€ paiment the 1juillet, but I received nothing. it re-lays in no mail (I sent about twenty).

Well, at the moment I have no appeal paypal sent to me rolled...

I am Irritated >:( , Especially that, there, he delay the manufacture of my SID station :(

Which band of *¤# *¤# * to centsible

PooLP

ps : sorry for my bad english

Hmm.. The english there is a bit rough.  I believe he is saying that he bought some SIDs from that place and they sent him the wrong thing (if they sent anything at all).  He's sent them a bunch of messages, but they have not responded to any of them, paypal was of no hope in getting his money back.  However, it seems since he first posted they have contacted him and the situation is resolved (resolute)

• 2 weeks later...

Ha..!!  I've been waiting OVER A YEAR for them to send me the two 8580's that I ordered.  I've called - leaving detailed messages - more than ten times, and sent just as many emails.  NEVER A SINGLE RESPONSE.  I'm usually quite patient, so I couldn't make a fraud complaint with PayPal, since I had waited over 30 days to do so...  I'm suprised that this is the first I've heard of someone else running into trouble.  What did you do to "Resolute problem"?

OVER A YEAR

soggy

Man I hate to hear this.

I took Centsible off of the "where to buy" page on the wiki.

Take a look at http://www.centsible.com/pressreleases.shtml to see where they/he were recently spanked by eBay for including their URL, and apparently has a little less than solid infrastructure (operating from storage spaces?)

Wish I had time to do more, best thing you can do if you know he's ignoring the emails is to contact the postmaster.  If enough (read more than 2) complaints hit the same local postmaster, his mail service can be suspended until they investigate, and if they do thier worst (best depending on your viewpoint!) he'll see criminal fraud charges.

Don't do the usual.....complain "I got screwed" and write it off, that's the reason he's been able to scam/ignore more than a few people already.  Get together and cause this guy some trouble until he's forced to address your issue!

While PayPal will do absolutely nothing to help you on this in any way, they do still have records of your payments to this guy, and that will help with the local law and the postmaster.  If he's still doing biz under the Centsible name, he's bound by any agreements made in that name.....

First read this:https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/GetWhatYouOrdered.htm as it outlines US law that pertains to this, and then fill out the form on this page:http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/MailFraudComplaint.htm

The USPS has 300+ people that investigate mail fraud alone, and they have a tendency to react, resolve, and press charges faster than any other law enforcement agency I know of.  Don't worry if the local police are no help or won't write up a complaint on this for you, it looks like a small town and they really do have better things to do (when you look at the big picture).  If you can get enough people filing complaints with the postal inspector they will file the charges and get the local law involved.

Know that you probably will not be the first to file a complaint with the postal inspector, making your issue easier to push/investigate for them:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.cbm/browse_thread/thread/e6b44432b072845a/

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.cbm/browse_thread/thread/9e02a1c7b27789e3/

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.amiga.marketplace/browse_thread/thread/413a77eff09a1687/

Best!

Smash

I rode that many people get theyr bought item amount $ refunded by Paypal . . i'm going to try it and i will never go for a business with that kind of people. It's a shame to deal with people that don't care aobut theyr business . . . loosing time and money is a big shame.

Thanks fo you interest, SmashTV.

From the "SmashTV is completely scatterbrained" department:

So I make that post this morning, then work half the day packing orders and doing dad stuff, when I realize that I ordered from Centsible too......something I had managed to almost completely forget.  Paid for a couple of SIDs for a test order, on August 4th of this year.  Too much going on I guess.....  :-\

Anyway this will be like bringing a gun to a knife fight, this poor guy has been added to -my- list.

Unfortunately PayPal only gives you 45 days to file a dispute as a buyer, so if it has been longer (like with me) your dispute will automatically be deferred, but it will show up in his record and with each addition to the record PayPal is more likely to close his account.

I just talked to his voice mail, but as you would guess did not get anyone on the phone.  Gave him 24 hours to respond via phone before I bring the fight......

So if you want to send me proof of payment and a signed statement about who you paid, when you paid, what you paid, what for, and that you did not receive anything, did not communicate, etc.  I'll fax it to the local police along with my stuff, and hand a copy over to the postmaster when I meet with them.  PDF is fine, any other method needs to be quick so I can present it all at once in a few days.

This guys day/week/year is about to get very bad.....mail fraud/eBay fraud makes for great headlines in the local paper and easy arrests for local police......Postal inspectors file federal charges that are prosecuted on a state and national level.....A small claims case here would give me what I need to file a lien against his property (judgement lien) which I can sell to the collection service for 10 cents.....who will decimate his credit report if he does not write them a check.

I really don't have the time for this right now, but it could prove entertaining enough to be worthwhile...... : )

Best!

Smash

I appreciate your enthusiasm, Smash, and I'm quite upset with Centsible, but I personally am not going to prosecute anyone over SID chips.  All I want is the pair of NOS chips that they owe me.  What we should do, after getting everyone's outstanding orders filled, is negotiate the purchase of all NOS chips that they have so that we don't have to deal with them anymore.

If you do talk to them, here are the particulars from the order that they owe me, and I don't care if they have to substitute 6581s for 8580s, so long as the chips are NOS, as advertised.

Centsible Invoice number: 45097

Date and Time: Thu Oct 07 21:02:36 2004

8580 C128 SID

Quantity: 2

Details: This is the sound chip for the C128.

Stock# C6029                                     

Chip Type: DIP                                   

Platform: Commodore 128                           

Condition: New                                   

Each:             $     14.00

Item Total:       $     28.00

Sub Total:                                      $ 28.00

Shipping Total: (USA (estimated))               $  6.50

Grand Total:                                    $ 34.50 PAID

soggy

I appreciate your enthusiasm, Smash, and I'm quite upset with Centsible, but I personally am not going to prosecute anyone over SID chips.

Totally understood, but you must understand that this is the reason (not willing to prosecute) that he's been able to accept money and not ship anything for over a year now, and still doing it.  You can not prosecute all you want, but that does not make you less of a fraud victim.

Since nobody else has contacted me I'm going to call this matter done and over.  We got screwed, and I won't fight on behalf of people who can't be bothered to take action beyond complaining.  I will however collect for myself.  Complaint without action falls into one of two categories, warning others, which is good, and whining, which is bad.

Nothing personal to anyone here, it's much smarter to just write it off then be willing to spend 20 times the original amount in question to ruin a fraudster.  I'll have some quite expensive SID chips when it's all done, but it's a small price to pay to be able to sleep at night without dwelling on how I got screwed and did nothing about it.  : )  Centsible=stain on the pavement when I'm done.

Realize this guy is still out there ripping people off, and by taking no action after he takes your money is the best help he could ever have.

Again (so we don't get a flameware going here!) I'm not looking to offend, nothing personal at all with anyone here, etc.  But lack of action when things are going way wrong right in front of you is not possible for me any more, people not keeping thier own "in check" is bad news all around. 

I see this every day as an American citizen, nobody cares so whoever has an agenda can spread it wildly, without worry that anyone will do anything about it.  Good criminals count on and understand a lazy victim.  "If it's really that bad, someone will do something" seems to be the rule of the day for everyone, while the ones who do the bad stuff are actually the only ones doing anything.

Sorry for the rant but it needs said, I could go on forever about the state of the US but free speech is mistakenly labeled for treason a lot these days so I'll save that fight for my representatives in the govt. (Many of them future -former- representatives.  ;) )

That last statement in itself is a big clue about the result of lack of action....

Best!

Smash

Sorry for the delay of the information, Smash . . . i was very busy this days. I didn't keep the mail sent by centsible, but here is my payment statement generated by my account tracking at Paypal :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info copied and removed by SmashTV

------------------------------------------------------

IBest regards, and inform me of any movement you do. Thanks.

Smash ! ! I've got news about Centsible. . .  Paypal returned me my spent money due to my complaint . . . and the message returned by centsible besides my money is : We are temporarily unable to locate the rest of our 8580 SID chips due to the last inventory moving (see website), so we are issuing a full refund.

That's it.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered from Centsible a week ago, and just today recieved a tracking number for 2 6581 SID chips that apparently have been tested to work. 

Centsible sent them out today...

He also says he is (now) out of the 6581's and will be marking the website, but should be getting more at a later date.

Commication was pretty good, promptly answering questions about a day later with email.

For those of you trying to get the 8580's  Maybe try ordering 6581's?  Maybe they're easier to get??  no idea...