Core + LTC probs

n0ne

Hey guys,

Wayyyyy cool project here :), to bad it's not working yet  8)... II finished my core and ltc yesterday and its not working correctly. I've got my parts from mike's shop... Things I see:

-Red led on ltc burns

-Green led goes on when I send something with miosstudio

-Lower bar of lcd black

-Checked the voltages on core and ltc

-This is what my midi in port monitor shows:

timestamp 153852000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 153852000 us: [C0 00] channel 1: program change 0

timestamp 153852000 us: [C0 00] channel 1: program change 0

timestamp 154669000 us: [C0 00] channel 1: program change 0

wich repeats about every 2 seconds.

My problems are

1. that I do not know if the pic header is set correctly, so if the 1 for the ltc baurate is working..

2. Is my core working? :s

3. I can't upload mios, the core doesn't respond, also not to a sysex dump request from serge's app.

Anybody know what the problem might be? I've read arround a lot and checkt a lot of the other core/ltc trouble shooting topics. I hope someone can give me some help.

Thanks a lot, Jeroen.

hi jeroen

Lower bar of lcd black

got it upside down?! ;)

untill you have mios installed you will just see upper row of black blocks

think the core is fine and bootstrapped! or you wouldn't have midi messages

so now, uploading mios; do you know you have to upload mios within 2 seconds after powering up?

hope this helps.

cheers, marcel

Hi marcel,

thanks, I did notice that my lcd was upside down yesterday (because of the text on the back ;P). It is very strange, now mios studio says that I am recieving a sysex message of less than 8 bytes :s, and in midiox I don't even see a sysex message.

I checked eveything and improved some of the soldered points. Now miosstudio is showing me this:

timestamp 1799780000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1799808000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1801013000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1801493000 us: [FF] System Reset

timestamp 1803100000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1803494000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1809896000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1810914000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1816740000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1819570000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1819629000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1819956000 us: [FF] System Reset

timestamp 1820890000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1822971000 us: Sysex message: F0 00 00 01 05

timestamp 1828129000 us: [FF] System Reset

timestamp 1828548000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1829216000 us: [FC] Stop

timestamp 1829629000 us: [F8] Timing clock

timestamp 1830444000 us: [FF] System Reset

timestamp 1831778000 us: [FF] System Reset

timestamp 1831778000 us: Sysex message: F0 00 00 01 05

the sysex messages are no longer 2 seconds appart but longer. I also get a lot of note changes and stuff but I filtered those, that's probably because my ain ports aren't clamped to ground since I did not connect my ain module yet (but this can't cause my problem right?).

Can I conclude that the pic header is correct since I do get some messages from the core? I dont know the effect of a wrong baudrate.

I also checked all the +5v and grnds according to the diagram, they're fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm a bit stuck :s.

Thanks, Jeroen.

I was just going to write about that, but I saw a red text saying that someone had replied :D...

I mailed mike to ask wich pic header id he put in it for me and he said:

I only burn the primary mios bootstrap loader, because everybody takes another configuration.

So after you have finished your project, you have to configure it over a midiport.

So I guess this means that I will have to arrange midi ports for my pc? So that I can upload mios etc and then use the header change program to make use of my to com port?

Could this be the problem? because I am getting a lot of midi message's even though I connected j5 a0-7 to ground :s.

Thanks for the replies :), Jeroen.

These messages are the upload requests of the bootstrap loader, which are sent with the wrong baudrate, and therefore result into different MIDI events.

If no MIDI interface is available, you could try it with a gameport (see MIDI Troubleshooting guide for schematic)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

wh000000000000000t! it worked :D.... was a bit lost because I didn't realize that the picture of the gameport connector was from the backside, so the pin was wrong :D... cant believe how seweeeet it was to see MIOS 1.8... ready on my lcd :).

thanks so much!, Jeroen.

Great! :)

you can use the change_id application in order to switch to the to-COM port permanently (see main.asm header)

But take care! Once the baudrate has been changed, you will only be able to switch back with a proper COM connection. If you are not able to get the Yamaha or Roland driver running, then you are lost

Alternatively you could switch temporary to the to-COM baudrate with MIOS Studio: open the debug window, select the "MIOS_MIDI_InterfaceSet" function and send a 1 (WREG=1) - now the MIDI interface will run with 38400 baud until the core is powered-off

Best Regards, Thorsten.