LC status digits

SounDuke

thanks for making it clear, but my problems are related to the green lines as I have no problem with the blue lines, digits 0-7 display the timecode with no problems. I'm quite sure I'm missing something obvious, but I checked all day long the connections and I found no errors. I have digit 8 and 9 which works (the select line is ok, the digits change according to the host timecode) except for the unreadable numbers (so it must be uncorrect data to the cathodes) and the same happens for the status digits. I managed to connect together the cathodes of the 4 led digits obviously following madly the segment map (each correspondent segment of each digit to a line connected to the appropriate dout).

Hi Thorsten, the digits are now working, I tried solder and desolder until I found out that the connections are all upset in the schematic. In fact the dots worked when connected to D0 instead of D7 and I had to rearrange some segments too. Either the schematic presents mistakes with the default leddigits table or I'm dumb and made mistakes the first time I soldered the cathodes. Thanks for your support

Hi,

thats really strange, because based on the source code the schematic and the LC_LEDDIGITS_TABLE are matching.

Could you please write down the exact pin mapping that you are using now, maybe this help me to find the inconsistency.

Following format is sufficient (just edit it):

J3:D7 -> Blue dot

J3:D6 -> Blue a

J3:D5 -> Blue b

J3:D4 -> Blue c

J3:D3 -> Blue d

J3:D2 -> Blue e

J3:D1 -> Blue f

J3:D0 -> Blue g

J4:D7 -> 3rd digit

J4:D6 -> 4th digit

J4:D5 -> 5th digit

J4:D4 -> 6th digit

J4:D3 -> 7th digit

J4:D2 -> 8th digit

J4:D1 -> 9th digit

J4:D0 -> 10th digit

J5:D7 -> Green dot

J5:D6 -> Green a

J5:D5 -> Green b

J5:D4 -> Green c

J5:D3 -> Green d

J5:D2 -> Green e

J5:D1 -> Green f

J5:D0 -> Green g

J6:D7 -> left status digit

J6:D6 -> right status digit

J6:D1 -> 1st digit

J6:D0 -> 2nd digit

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi jidis: it is not a stupid suggestion, it is a valid doubt ;) yes I did that, I'm using 0,8" led digits which I bought from bgmicro and have the same pinning (extracted from the same device I think). Since I'm only 20 I have little practice with electronics and it is possible that the schematic is right but my brain not, so it could be a false alarm :D.

Tho: I'll write the pin mapping as soon as I can. Anyway, what does exactly the status digits indicate?

J3:D0 -> Blue dot

J3:D1 -> Blue a

J3:D2 -> Blue b

J3:D3 -> Blue c

J3:D4 -> Blue d

J3:D5 -> Blue e

J3:D6 -> Blue f

J3:D7 -> Blue g

J4:D7 -> 3rd digit

J4:D6 -> 4th digit

J4:D5 -> 5th digit

J4:D4 -> 6th digit

J4:D3 -> 7th digit

J4:D2 -> 8th digit

J4:D1 -> 9th digit

J4:D0 -> 10th digit

J5:D0 -> Green dot

J5:D1 -> Green a

J5:D2 -> Green b

J5:D3 -> Green c

J5:D4 -> Green d

J5:D5 -> Green e

J5:D6 -> Green f

J5:D7 -> Green g

J6:D7 -> left status digit

J6:D6 -> right status digit

J6:D1 -> 1st digit

J6:D0 -> 2nd digit

As you can see, the pins of the cathodes are reversed while the select lines are ok. I hope this is not my mistake, but arranged this way the digits work