ok for voltage to be a bit high?

program_insect

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm a novice...

I've built the optimized C64 PSU on my prototype board and I notice that the voltage at the 5VDC output measures at 5.13VDC, and the voltage at the 14VDC output measures at 16.54 VDC.  I measured the AC coming out of the C64 power supply at 10.67 VAC.  Is it normal/OK for the voltages to be running a bit high, or is there a problem with my optimizer circuit or C64 power supply?

Thanks.

Good call...I did in fact have the regulator in backwards...oops.

After that, there was a short in the circuit which seemed to damage the C64 power supply....my 14VDC pin was reading 5.13, so I measured the AC coming out of the power brick and it was only 2.xxx AC!!  I had originally measured it at 10.67 VAC... in your opinion, could a short on the optimizer circuit have caused damage to the internals of the power brick?

Maybe the lesson to learn is that drinking beer and building electronics is not a good combo...

I killed my psu aswell. I builded the c64 optimized board. Once connected the led worked, but after a while it stopped. And now my PSU doens't output any voltages :( It's not the fuse.... Oh well, got another 3 psu's on the way so ill figure it out :)

Also can i connect the optimized psu board to the psu without connecting the core and sid? for testing the correct voltages?