Getting started

Gazar

Hey everyone

Was wondering if you could help me, Im pretty new to all this DIY stuff but I realy want to do it. It must be such a pleasure to have your own personalised controller. What I want to build is something to controll mainly the mixer in Cubase SX, sliders, solo, mute, pan, and the EQ aswell but Im interested in making it pretty big. I want to controll 12 or 24 channels on the mixer sperately. So what do you all think? Will a project like this be extremely expensive? Is it worth it? What do I need to do to get started?

Was allso interested (sorry if its a stupid question) is it possible to make real level meters that mirror the meters on the cubase mixer? Interested in learning from you guys!

Thanks

G   

Ok so im quite the newb.

Checkd out some stuff on the site and I c that what I wanna do is the same as axwells MidiBox LC. Cant find any tutorials on the LC though?? Where do I get started with this one guys? Please help, realy wanna build one of these.

Thanks G

Hey man

Yeah I did thats the site I was talkin about. On the LC Page there is a link to the forum that says theres a tutorial but when I click it I just get a 404!?!? Am I lookin in the wrong place? Could you give me an idea on how much such a large controler would cost these days?

Thanks G

Ok

So Im getting the idea on how a midi box is built here. BUT I want to build a midibox lc and all there are are conection diagrams. What I need is a kind of guide on how to get one going. If I want to build an LC then should I go ahead and start with the core module in the hardware platform? And if I do then can someone please tell me what to do next???

Thanks G

I think you mean the following link?

http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=misc;action=display;num=1061917936

Looks like an old link to another, older board software (YaBB, the forum now uses SimpleMachines)

thanks for the input, I've updated the links!

So Im getting the idea on how a midi box is built here. BUT I want to build a midibox lc and all there are are conection diagrams. What I need is a kind of guide on how to get one going. If I want to build an LC then should I go ahead and start with the core module in the hardware platform? And if I do then can someone please tell me what to do next???

A tutorial can be found here http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=1504.0

But to make it clear: MIDIbox LC is not intented as a newbie project, it definitely requires a learning curve! If you've never completed a "normal" MIDIbox (like MB64 or MB64E) before, the given informations won't be enough.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok,

Now were getting somewhere. Thanks for fixing the link man. Im learning allready. Well if thats the case then I would have to start building a MB64 first I guess, I could also just try put together an LC and see how it goes (im not a complete idiot). What do you guys think, should I try have a go at the LC?

Thanks G

Hi,

You might give a try at Midibox64E, (which has experimental support for potentiometrs) along with encoders. If you're one of the guys that learn by doing - get your soldering iron ready and learn how to follow intructions / documentation given in ucapps.de. Remember, the most parts of the Midibox Hardware platform are recycleable from one project to another, so if MB64E goes well it easy to start planning about LC. If you check the LC documentation, You'll find out that it's pretty sparse.. there are choices to be made by the builders and as it an advanced project, the documentation is made assuming that potential builders have pretty good understanding of Midibox and electronics already.

Moebius