Soundcard with only YAC512 and not YMF262?

fluke

I have an Aztech Sound Galaxy Pro16 soundcard and i've examined all the chips on it and i've only found a YAC512-M.  Would the YMF262 be labelled something else, or built in to one of the large custom chips on it?  Is this just a sign i should be building a quadraphonic MBFM? ;)

I guess that the OPL3 is part of one of the ASIC chips, so: no documentation, no chance to get use of it.

But it's interesting, that the YAC512 stuffed. Propably because it's a mixed signal design...

Yes, you have to hunt for a second card

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to kick a very old thread, but I have a similar situation here with an Aztech card. Funny thing is, that the card layout is exactly the same as on the MBFM module SMD desoldering tutorial. This card has a chip in the place of the OPL3, named LS-212 408 GH. Probably a clone, maybe some extra logic. I only need the YAC512 anyway, so if anyone want's to tinker with it I'd be happy to send the card for only the postage.

Cheers,  Alex.