sid v.2 ideas

massimiliano

i think that a "multi patch" saving would be useful

it will contain the four patches per sid and some system configurations...

including the function of the assing knobs

i never completed my mb-sid with four cores, i always used it in mono. but i tried it in combination with analog filters... the sound is very rich and powerfull... using four cores with four external filters we have a four voice killer synth...

a "duophonic" funcion will be usefull for some stereo sound constructions. sid1+2 and sid3+4.

... i don't understand what is the "stereo control" that you planned tk. is it for controlling cem3379??

... a suggestion about the tb303 distorted sound... i wondered for a great distorsion sound for a long time, and the greatest sound i ever heard is the Real McTube from www.tonepad.com

i realized a stereo version with special high quality powering. a mono signal is distorted two times by two tubes, so the final sound is pseudo stereo... is strongly different from tb303 sound but is perfect on sid square waves!

i think that a "multi patch" saving would be useful

it will contain the four patches per sid and some system configurations...

including the function of the assing knobs

yes... and the assign function should provide min and max values

... i don't understand what is the "stereo control" that you planned tk. is it for controlling cem3379??

no, it means: controlling two SIDs with a single core in order to realize stereo effects from a single patch

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 1 month later...

another nice feature for sound designers:

when the master core recives a midi sequence (a polyphonic melody or a chord) it "splits" the chord to the four sids and to different midi channels via midi out.

many vst intruments and many virtual-analog synthesizers are multitimbral and have multiple audio outs... is possible to mix the different outs of a virtual-analog synth (played via mb-sid midi out) with the outs of the sids and then turn them all into voltage controlled analog filters.

it means... huge sound!