Revisions to MBHP_AOUT and BURNER modules

NorthernLightX

Hi,

I've been playing a lot with Eagle lately, and when I was looking at the board layouts of the AOUT and burner modules I noticed that some of the jumps are not necessary. After some trying, I managed to remove all the jumps from the boards.

I PM'ed TK about this but he must have never received it, missed it, or think this is totally not interesting. Anyway, Im posting them on the forum now, so anybody could have a look:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/alex.span/midibox/mbhp_aout_v1_bridgeless.brd

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/alex.span/midibox/mbhp_burner_v1_bridgeless.brd

Cheers,  Alex.

Alex, I just came from holidays, was busy with sorting the forum postings, and haven't found the time yet to go through my emails. There are so many people who are asking me "important questions", so please let me some days to find some time for your email!

I especially don't like it, when people assume, that I'm ignoring their emails when I have replied some other postings in the meantime.

I cannot reply to everbody in zero-time!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Alex, I just came from holidays, was busy with sorting the forum postings, and haven't found the time yet to go through my emails. There are so many people who are asking me "important questions", so please let me some days to find some time for your email!

I especially don't like it, when people assume, that I'm ignoring their emails when I have replied some other postings in the meantime.

I cannot reply to everbody in zero-time!

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Excuse me Thorsten, that was not wat I implied at all! I really hope your holidays were nice and all, I didn't even know were away.

I assumed that the PM system was malfunctioning or perhaps my connection with internet did strange stuff, and the message never arrived. I didn't want to send it again and sound like I was demanding a quick answer. Nor was that the reason of this post: impatient as I am, I was wondering what other people tought about the design changes.

Lastly: Even if you did find my msg ininteresting and choose not to reply I'd respect that and all, after all you've given birth tot midibox, whereas I just rerouted some silly tracks. (Besides I'm not used to such behaviour from you at all so pleae believe me that I never assumed that.)

So, can we still be friends and all?  ;D ;)

Alex.

The biggest problem is, that I get new layouts without prewarning ca. all 2-3 months, and people don't see the effort on my side (the latest DOUX2 bug shows, what can happen when I don't pay enough attention for such layout changes).

The funniest thing was last year, where somebody replaced all ICs by SMD parts, changed the routings, changed the copyright notice, and told me that the layout is "much better now" and expected that I have to check the new layouts and replace my old ones. He used an cracked version of eagle so that I was not able to open the .brd files... it took some emails to explain him, what is wrong with these layouts - and all this at a time where I wanted to do something else than discussing about PCBs...

However, I've created a new Wiki page which allows everybody to share improved layouts:

http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=layout_improvements

Best Regards, Thorsten.

The funniest thing was last year, where somebody replaced all ICs by SMD parts, changed the routings, changed the copyright notice, and told me that the layout is "much better now" and expected that I have to check the new layouts and replace my old ones. He used an cracked version of eagle so that I was not able to open the .brd files...

;D hahahahaa  ::)