stryd_one

Analog effects, was "Midifiying a sega genesis"

61 posts in this topic

Thx mate. Think I'll stick with the ones we know :)

Good to see conversations plodding along nicely on these lines :)

..if i get round to it, i'll do a little test with pwm, led & a ldr ... n' let you know how well that solution works :) ..its a sweet way round a dac mind :)

That would be great!  There were positive indications in another thread for slow-moving and not very accurate CV like filter cutoff.  Would love to see your results.

At a fast enough rate, perhaps even a simple bitstream would do.  i.e. successively drop bits out of the stream for a lower CV.

Just found this site selling tiny analogue FX boards.  Each board is 1 3/8" x 2", assembled, comes with pots, switches and jacks, and US$40-50. They're designed to mount inside guitars.  From the look of them, nothing you couldn't make up yourself from web schems and perf board, but still.

Yeh I saw those a few days back too, but I was too busy laughing at how hard they tried to hide the BBD chips from view ;)

Yeah, like why would you hide them??  Because they look like chips, and chips=digital?  To a guitarist.

Nah I reckon because people interested in these are obviously not DIY-phobic and if they see the label on the chip they might google it and discover that they're 

nothing you couldn't make up yourself from web schems and perf board

;D

C A Y O C O S T A

Here you can find schematics, wiring layouts, parts lists, chassis templates, photos and mp3 samples related to building your own classic recording studio equipment including:

• Teletronix La-2a Compressor
  • Pultec EQP-1a Program Equalizer
  • Purple MC76 Limiter
  • Hansen 1975 Active Direct Box
  • Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe
  • Tube Direct Box
  • Redd.47 Microphone Preamlifier

All DIY gear was built over the last three years and is currently in use in my home studio.

I've added it to the WIKI links  ;D

Interested yes i am.

:P

I was actually on the list for x0xb0x a long time ago but when i changed universities they deleted my email account so I never got access to buy. :(

I bet big money these are resultado's of prodigy-pro.com forum projects.

Besides it takes a big wallet to buy those in& out transformers that makes up for the vintage name