MIOS IDE

kokiPsiho

Hi,

while searching for something that will ease developing MIOS apps in C I found Code::Blocks IDE. It has support for SDCC compiler. This would be really nice especially if we could make user template from sdcc_skeleton. Can someone check this out to make sure we can use this and create .hex file by pressing build button. I will try to do this but I just can't figure out how to set things up. You can found it at: www.codeblocks.org.

Thanx.

Ok, i got it. From CodeBlocks FAQ:

a) In "Compiler Settings", under the tab "Other", there's a setting called "Build Method". Choose "Work with makefiles".

b) In your project's Properties, you can choose to use a makefile. Check "This is a custom makefile" (WARNING! if you forget to check, the makefile will be OVERWRITTEN!)

Thanx.

(ok, I see you answered it by yourself... nevertheless here is what I've written for you:)

With the C-Skeleton comes a Makefile Generator (located in tools "mkmk.pl"), so you just have to config the "MAKEFILE_SPECS", then generate your Makefile (System Dependent) with mkmk.pl and then run makefile.bat or call "make" in terminal.

That means you can use any IDE you want to. Most IDEs support simple calls to makefiles.

Personally I'm using Xcode2 on Mac OS X doing exactly what you describe, pressing "Build" and getting the .syx-file generated :)

Michael.

As mentioned in another thread, I have written a debug.c-file which helps me to debug the whole app simulating MIOS I/O with standard console input, eg. typing: "a 1,420" would result in a call to "AIN_NotifyChange(pin 1, value 420)".

Also, I've wrapped the LCD-Outputs to go straight to the console --eg:

extern void MIOS_LCD_PrintBCD3(unsigned char v) { printf("%3.3i",v); }

However I don't have the time to do it nicely and implement it _all_ ... would the Wiki be a place for this (everyone could improve and add functions, because I only implemented those I needed!)? But I don't want to shock any newbies...and it's really in a very, very early state... any thoughts from a Guru?

Excellent audiocom! Anything that will simplify development is greatly appriciated. Maybe this will lead to real MIOS IDE with integrated simulator, emulator, documentation or whatever else. That would take it to a whole new level as we would have platform with integrated development tools. I think this would not be so hard to achive but requires time and will. Or this is me just trippin. Anyway please post that to wiki and we will see.

Hi ac.

As mentioned in another thread, I have written a debug.c-file which helps me to debug the whole app simulating MIOS I/O with standard console input, eg. typing: "a 1,420" would result in a call to "AIN_NotifyChange(pin 1, value 420)".

Also, I've wrapped the LCD-Outputs to go straight to the console --eg:

extern void MIOS_LCD_PrintBCD3(unsigned char v) { printf("%3.3i",v); }

I think adding this to the Wiki is a great idea! I can envision the users here putting together a reasonably complete simulator without too much trouble based on your work to date. Thanks for being willing to share it.

-drin

<insert encouranging and thankful one-liner here>  ;D

This thing is truly awesome mate! As a guy who can write ASM in his sleep but has to code an app in C which he has never used before, you have no idea how badly I have wanted something just like this. Fan-freakin-tastic. ooh look your karma just grew again, how did that happen?! ;)

audiocommander,

I also use OSX and would like to compile my apps with Xcode2 rather that using a windows machine. could you please write a quick tutorial about working with MIOS C in Xcode? It would be very helpful for us midiboxers in Mac land.

Thanks

Rowan

Your a star audiocommander ;D

Thanks for taking the time to do that, you really have done all us mac geeks a favour ;).

I'm going to start a new thread in the MIOS programming section with a link to your post on the wiki so that It can easily be found via the search. Maybe we can use that thread for all discussions related to Xcode 2 so that  all the mac related info can be found easily

once again thanks, you've saved me a lot of time and money that I was going to spend on a 'doze box ;)

Rowan

you've saved me a lot of time and money that I was going to spend on a 'doze box

that had to be prevented!!

mission complete!

;D

no, really: I just moved some days ago to Xcode by myself when starting this debug thing. It would be a shame not sharing this info, 'cause Xcode is a very good tool.

The "PATH=/usr/local/bin:/other/paths/bin:$PATH" line has been hard to find, but once it was found, everything is ridicilously easy!

A new thread for Xcode related issues sounds good!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...