Where to get the buttons and knobs outside Germany?

Etaoin

Hi

I'm thinking of building the SEQ with the default Schafer panel.  Does anyone know where I can get the buttons and knobs that will fit that design outside Germany?  I know Reichelt delivers anywhere, but at some cost!  Mike's shop appears to have similar buttons, but I can't get any replies to my e-mails so I'm note sure.  Even then, there are only three colours available from there.  Considering the cost of the front panel, I want to make sure I get parts that will fit.  I don't want to redesign the panel for different sized buttons and knobs and make a 100+ euro mistake somewhere.

I'm also still looking for 20cm wide veroboards.  I got a couple of eurocard-size ones thinking I'd get away with it, but the displays are too wide for those!  Again, Reichelt has them, but I would need 150 euros worth of stuff before I can order from them.

Thanks

Louis

i think they are digtast buttons; do a search on them (mouser?)

Hadn't thought about Mouser yet (are they any better for shipping to Europe?).

Anyway, they appear to be ITT buttons and Mouser do seem to have them (part# 611-D6R0 to 611-D6R9) but they are not in stock and have a lead time of 7 weeks.  The search goes on...

Hi,

In regards to buttons I got mine from my local electronics supplier in the Czech Republic. You haven't mentioned where you are in Europe, as far as I can tell! You may get more accurate advice with this information.....

I have seen these round buttons mentioned in a few other catalogues as "DT 6" switches. I dunno what that means but if you go here:

http://www.ges.cz/english/index-a.htm

and put DT 6 into the search box you wil see how quickly they can be found. Their pages provide the exact dimensions so you can compare with other switches.

I'm pretty sure this company can accept and ship orders within Europe and they don't seem to have a very big minimum. Maybe easier than reichelt, who knows.

If not stick your country and DT6 switch into google and see what comes up :)

Good luck

d mK

I assumed having it in my profile was good enough ;)  I'm in The Netherlands.

I just came across an electronics forum though that said the ITT D6 range was absolutely rubish as they use an unprotected metal for the contacts that oxidizes quite quickly.  If true, I'll probably go for other buttons.

I've written Albs for a quote for the knobs, but they haven't replied yet.

I usually cut prototyping boards down to size with a hacksaw, then file down the rough edge.  It takes about 30 seconds.  You can also score it with an x-acto knife (hobby knife or carpet knife) a few times then just snap it.  If you choose to score it and snap it, however, do it on the side with the traces!