Digital output for SID

d2k

Hey d2k

If you are going to make a digital out of the SID box, you need more than the A/D converter (AL1101), the output from that one only have what I call "intern SP/DIF" (master clock, L/R clock and data).

You need a intern to extern converter like CS8405A from

Cirrus, look at [url http://www.cirrus.com/en/products/pro/detail/P57.html

Hope that helps

MrMusicman

Hello again.

Just to make things clear.

I have made a analog to SP/DIF converter, some years ago, here is part of the component used on it.

Cirrus Logic CS5330   18bit A/D converter

Cirrus Logic CS8402A  SP/DIP Transmitter

OP275  Dual Opamp (input buffer)

some TTL Logic IC, some passive component, and a crystalgenerator for the selected samplefrequence

12.288MHz for 48KHz and 11.2896MHz for 44.1KHz.

The CS8402A is out of prodution but the CS8405A replace it (now goes up to 96KHz), the CS5330 are still made but can be replaced with a better one (CS5333 or the Alesis one or.....)

The hard part to get is the crystalgennerator for 44.1Khz samplerate.

Hope that help a little more

Kent.

Hey MMM

I requested a cpl of samples of that cirrus chip u mentioned, I also have a cpl of them Alesis A/D and optogen too (see this post: http://www.midibox.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=misc;action=display;num=1048154479) which was spose to be for a 16 chan a/d adat project...

If they come through and ya still think u could perhaps do summin with em I'll send em ur way...

Nice1

DAn

I have made a analog to SP/DIF converter, some years ago, here is part of the component used on it.

Cirrus Logic CS5330   18bit A/D converter

Cirrus Logic CS8402A  SP/DIP Transmitter

OP275  Dual Opamp (input buffer)

some TTL Logic IC, some passive component, and a crystalgenerator for the selected samplefrequence

12.288MHz for 48KHz and 11.2896MHz for 44.1KHz.

The CS8402A is out of prodution but the CS8405A replace it (now goes up to 96KHz), the CS5330 are still made but can be replaced with a better one (CS5333 or the Alesis one or.....)

The hard part to get is the crystalgennerator for 44.1Khz samplerate.

it seems that you can request free samples from cirrus logic for the chips you used (CD8405A instead of 02). so, can you please post me your schematic for you converter?? i'd like to try it!!

you can write pvt at m.bosi(at)inwind.it

thank you very much!

Guest Perka

I would also like to build me a analog to digital converter.

I requested some samples of the CS8405A and CS5333, so if you could post the schematics or something that would be great!

/P

To all you requesting the schematic on my A/D converter.

I do not, sorry, have a schematic made on a computer, I made it in hand (a can't find it). I may be able to find the PCB layout, but it will not be a big help. (different IC and connection compair the the IC you can get now)

I will make a new A/D converter (or A/D+D/A) when I have the time (I am busy making other stuff at the moment)

I also have an idea the make a ADAT interface, but again, I need time.

I Be Back

Kent

PS. May someone can find a place to get the crystalgeneretor needed for it (11.2896MHz (44.1KHz) and 12.288MHz (48KHz))

Hey Kent...

Ye, no rush on the digi out add-on, i'll scout around for xtal gen u mentioned tho ;) the a/d adat box would be great too, even better with s/mux so u can route more chans ;p I guess this is where the pic logic comes in. I've been chattin to matey who knows his stuff about this and has said he'll look into it when time is available...wow, this together with that midi router u just whipped up and my i/o is sorted!!

Great stuff!

Dan

Hi...

Would it be possible to use an Alesis AL1101 (datasheets here: http://www.alesis-semi.com/products.htm) to give a digi out for the SID?, is it a case of just running the audio out into the Alesis ADC, or is there other factors to consider? The datasheet for the eval board seems to make it look pretty easy to configure ;)

i received the reply from alesis:

I apologize for the delay in responding.

Prices are as follows:

n.1 - AL3201B  $5.75/ea

n.1 - AL3101   $3.95/ea

(AL3102 )      $3.80/ea

n.1 - AL1101   $1.75/ea

n.1 - AL1201   $1.95/ea

n.1 - AL1402   $4.28/ea

n.1 - AL1401A  $4.00/ea

The AL3201B is back ordered and I will not have available stock unitl late May.

The AL1201 is currently out of stock but I am expecting a delivery by the 15th

of April.