my midibox sid 8580 {edited} added photo blog of construction of case

nhaudio

photo blog here: http://www.nhaudio.com

it's a 8580 sid, pcb (for core and sid modules) are from avishowtech, I've made the optimized psu and the din module myself.

I've added a autofilter based on the Dr Quack (schem in generalguitargadget.com)

and a frequency booster from craig anderton's book "diy for guitarists"

I've used and old Jazz drive case from maczone that I've painted in white with spraycan automotive paint, and made the wood panels, then tinted them. 3 layers of VIP redwood base ref# 480/3. I think the wood was pine not sure though.

writing is lazertran inkjet with 3 layers of enamel on top. I've used Freehand to do the graphics and designs.

Parts like knobs, switches and buttons are from my local electronic store.

cheers :)

nicolas

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

thanks for all the great comments  ;D

With the Dr quack it sounds really good, A bit more "wooshy" "mooshy" I guess due to the envelope follower. btw it's an effect that I really like.

I've only changed the feedback res on the opamp to have more gain. went with 3M3 instead of the 470k in the schem.

I still think it's a bit low, I could have gone a bit higher... but if it works why change it... ;)

Lazertran http://www.lazertran.com/ is a decal paper that you soak in water then apply to any surface.

They have online ordering for europe and usa. I think it's a really good product to do homemade stuff.

And you get really decent results.

cheers,

Nicolas