A Question concerning R12 on the core module

Rowan

Hi,

I would like to know if R12 is necessary on the core if no IIC devices are being used. The reason I ask is that I have one of Smash's R-4c boards and I noticed that there is now a new revision (R-4d) which has R12 added.

Maybe I'm fussy, but I like tidy PCB's and would rather not add it if I don't need to.

Thanks

Rowan

Does this mean the R4C board will not work with IIC modules unless R12 is added?

R12 is just a pull-up resistor, R4C+IIC -might- work without it (many variables come into play here like cabling, what exactly it's connected to, how clean your power supply is, etc.) but it's a good idea to add it to avoid issues if cabling to anything IIC. 

Best

Smash

Thanks for the respones Thorsten. That clears thing up nicely

Thanks for the discription Smash (by the way your boards were a plesure to stuff).

I've got an idea for a small modification to the layout of the DIN and DOUT boards which could cut down wiring in some situations.

What I sugget is to change the spacing BETWEEN J3 -J6 of the DIN and DOUT (I guess this would be useful on the AIN too) to a multiple of 0.1".

The reason I suggest this is it would allow the DIN/DOUT/AIN to be used as "Plug-in" Modules/daughter boards for strip/matrix board that have DIL Sockets mounted on them. I could mount all my buttons, pots, encoders etc on Strip board, then mount some DIL sockets spaced the same distance apart as J3 - J6 on the other side of the board and plug the module directly on to the board which has the controls on it.

Cheers

Rowan