Single Button & Single Rotary Encoder CS?

c0nsumer

I'm curious, has there been any work (done by anyone) on making the MIDIbox SID's menu work with a rotary encoder and single button? Based on the current menu I get the impression that the menuing system would be mostly usable as it is, but with a single button instead of the five along the bottom of the LCD.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone down this path before I start working on it...

Thanks...

-Steve

How do you want to edit the patch name without the menu buttons?

And I guess that for MBSID V2 they will be more important than ever before. Best example is the MBSEQ V3, where all menus have been improved for better live usage - with the drawback, that everybody needs the original hardware setup in order to use the new firmware

Best Regards, Thorsten.

How do you want to edit the patch name without the menu buttons?

I'm thinking of redoing the menu system so that only a single button (menu) and the rotary encoder (or next/previous buttons) would be needed for all menu functions. It would require some rethinking of the way in which the menus are laid out, but I think it's possible.

That said, I just finished designing my control surface to match the basics of your 'Step A'. That is, five buttons below the LCD, rotary encoder, and menu button. This is the design I'm making available to others so they can easily copy it, if they like.

And I guess that for MBSID V2 they will be more important than ever before. Best example is the MBSEQ V3, where all menus have been improved for better live usage - with the drawback, that everybody needs the original hardware setup in order to use the new firmware

That's understandable. I imagine with less flexibility of implementation you'll be able to do quite a few more advanced things. I'm curious, do you plan to change any of your front panel design for MBSID V2?

-Steve

That's understandable. I imagine with less flexibility of implementation you'll be able to do quite a few more advanced things. I'm curious, do you plan to change any of your front panel design for MBSID V2?

no...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

no...

Thank you. I didn't think so, but I wanted to be certain. In light of V2 coming and my control surface matching yours, I'll probably not bother making the new menu design.

One other question, are you planning on changing which characters in the LCD display are the center of the menu options?

To clarify, as it appears you have done, on my control surface I aligned the pushbuttons directly beneath the center pixel of menu items such as OSC, FIL, etc. This can be seen here. With your current plans, will these buttons / indicator lines on our layouts continue to be aligned with the center of these menu items?

Thanks very much...

-Steve