Midibox C64 controller

Wisefire

thnx..  ;D

edit: i still have some problems with it though..

more than a couple of keypresses at the same time.. and it registers more keys than i press.. i believe this effect is called ghosting.. but i cant seem to get it out of the system.. and it locks up the MLR patch because of it.. i think..

nope its not a debounce problem.. bouncing means that your key gets pressed more than once.. this problem has to do with ghosting.. i press 3 or 4 keys at the same time.. and it automaticly presses a bunch of other keys as well.. at least it sends out that data..

bouncing means

I know what bouncing means, and that's what it sounded like you were describing. You said " it registers more keys than i press". I'm sure you can see that could sound like you're saying that when you press a button it registers more button presses than you make (which, as we know, is a bounce)

as i said

No, you didn't. debounce timers and scan rates are not the same....

Glad to hear you figured it out (and followed the wiring diagrams ;) ) but I don't much like the tone you've taken with me. Maybe it's just one of those occasions where a post sounds rude but isn't meant that way?

the problem is (i figured out) that i only have diodes at the end.. not at every button..

True, they are scan problems with the keyboard, but i guess it's possible to live with it in different way.

First, if you did not change much the sources, you can kill every notes by the Clear/home or del/inst (i dont remember wich key)

Then, it should be possible to prevent those errors by software, but i'm still working on it.

I've rewriten most of the keyboard handling, and it works better in many ways.

I know what bouncing means, and that's what it sounded like you were describing. You said " it registers more keys than i press". I'm sure you can see that could sound like you're saying that when you press a button it registers more button presses than you make (which, as we know, is a bounce)

No, you didn't. debounce timers and scan rates are not the same....

Glad to hear you figured it out (and followed the wiring diagrams ;) ) but I don't much like the tone you've taken with me. Maybe it's just one of those occasions where a post sounds rude but isn't meant that way?

oh no, i didnt mean to be rude.. seriously.. i apologize.. i can see how you can take it the wrong way.. sleep deprivation and frustration that i cant seem to explain it clearly.. sorry again.. i really do appreciate your advice, comments and help..

more than a couple of keypresses at the same time.. and it registers more keys than i press.. i believe this effect is called ghosting.. but i cant seem to get it out of the system.. and it locks up the MLR patch because of it.. i think..

I've currently not sure, but does each button have a dedicated diode? If not, this would explain why some key combinations trigger more key functions than expected.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

sorry, read this too late - yes, thats the reason

and there isnt much i can do about it.. unless im gonna drill into the c64 PCB..

unless anyone else has another idea..

I didn't think so :) It didn't seem your style, you're always nice and friendly. I knew I had to be mistaken, my apologies.

no harm no fowl..

That's very cool. That using Bill's c64 din stuff?

The Max/MSP open source?  :P

well the patch isnt downloadable yet.. but ill put it up when i find the time.. and open source.. well ill put up the max patch itself not build an executable out of it.. you can open it if you have max/msp..

you dont need the app itself to run it.. only to modify it..you can run it with max runtime which you can download free of charge.. i dont like PD.. its not well documented.. but its a great FREE alternative to max.. to stress my point.. you dont need to pay 400 dollars or more.. to run the patch itself..

on another note, it shouldnt be that hard to modify the patch to run in PD.. but its for modifying data so that the monome max patches can understand the data.. so you would need max runtime anyway..