Unable to open Eagle Schematics

Voxyn

Hi@all,

I want to create a floorboard but have not so much experience with Eagle. I downloaded both schematics from the Wiki but was not able to open them in Eagle. Is there a problem with the files or with my eagle? (Freeware version)

Thanks

It's probably a trouble of the CadSoft.de, makers of the software. They keep f**king up the fileformat while trying to fight against the software piracy and WE legal users are the victims.

I can open both versions in Eagle Freeware v4.13. What is Your version? Maybe doing saving from my version would allow You to open those too.

Moebius

Try these files with your freeware version (I loaded them in a v1.6 freeware-version too and saved them again....I think (Hope !)  this will work)

http://people.freenet.de/mte/Floorboard/Floorboard-V1.zip

http://people.freenet.de/mte/Floorboard/Floorboard-V2.zip

These files were created with a cracked copy of Eagle. Please, either buy the software or keep the files to yourself.

-Steve

These files were created with a cracked copy of Eagle. Please, either buy the software or keep the files to yourself.

-Steve

That is a bold statement, Steve. Maybe You should see my previous post in this thread, maybe?

It's up to You, if You just want to give an apology to the people involved or send the files to cadsoft.de for analysis.

Moebius

That is a bold statement, Steve. Maybe You should see my previous post in this thread, maybe?

It's up to You, if You just want to give an apology to the people involved or send the files to cadsoft.de for analysis.

Yep, but in my experience working with Eagle the problems are never due to upgrades, but solely with people using cracked copies of Eagle. I've send the v2 file linked above off to CADsoft to ask their opinion on the situation.

I would like to see this schematic / layout, but with my (legal) copy of 4.6r1 I'm not able to open it, receiving the same error I do when trying to open any other file created with a cracked older version.

-Steve

1st I must say.......A BIG SORRY cause yes, I think its a fuggin cracked copy  :-[  :-[   I didnt know that !

I got this Version from an friend....he telled me, its a legal full version of Eagle....

It wasnt my intention to share cracked files, so I will make the Floorboard again with the Demo Version soon and share again.

I cant often repeat myself...SORRRRRRRRYYYYYY, I dont want any trouble from the community here, I removed all cracked shit here and in the Wiki !

MTE

I get little panic cause...

I've send the v2 file linked above off to CADsoft to ask their opinion on the situation.

- thanx c0nsumer :(

Isnt it better for a kewl community to talk to the person first who make an mistake ???

I were happy about to get a PM first before he send the files to CADsoft.....now i think i get trouble with them (Hope not !)

Sorry for my crappy english  ::)

MTE

Ok, turns out that:

I OWN You an apology! I'm Sorry!

(Eagle isn't my choice of a PCB CAD package, but I have to deal with it sometimes anyway.)

Yep, but in my experience working with Eagle the problems are never due to upgrades, but solely with people using cracked copies of Eagle. I've send the v2 file linked above off to CADsoft to ask their opinion on the situation.

My experiences have been different in this matter. As "freeware" / "Light" user, it has been more or less tossing a coin, if files (from trusted sources) open or not. That is why I have different versions installed.

Both versions of the floorboard files DO open in 4.13 Light and DO NOT in 4.16r :P

I hope MTE gets away with a little warning and is more careful from now on, but the general consensus in this forum is against any piracy and to respect copyrights.

Moebius

I hope MTE gets away with a little warning and is more careful from now on, but the general consensus in this forum is against any piracy and to respect copyrights.

Sure I am !

Thnx to you guys, thats what I mean of an "kewl" community  :D

Hope the ppl from CADsoft thinking also...

Best Regards

MTE

Hope the ppl from CADsoft thinking also...

MTE,

I wouldn't worry. I didn't mention you directly. I just emailed the file to CADsoft and after an introduction specifically asked:

[tt]Can you tell me if these files are simply corrupt, or if they were created with a cracked key? I've attached the files, zipped, as I acquired them. The files attached were originally downloaded from http://people.freenet.de/mte/Floorboard/Floorboard-V2.zip. [/tt]

So, I wouldn't worry. I made no mention of this forum.

Just some info for you, it appears that CADsoft regularly looks around for new cracks and/or compromised keys for Eagle, making it so that new versions refuse to work with files edited with *any* version which used these keys. To make this happen, when a file is edited with any version of Eagle, licensing information is embedded in it.

Because such restrictions are added to new versions of Eagle, the appearance is sometimes given that upgrading versions corrupts files, when in reality new restrictions (due to compromised keys) are added to the app.

I ran into a problem with this when I made an early design for the MIDIbox SID-NUXX in v4.16 starting with a schematic I downloaded from some random electronics discussion board. (I wasn't too familiar with Eagle at that point and I started learning from something else, which eventually had all its parts replaced with my design.) When I upgraded to v4.16r1 I could no longer use the file, even though I have an actual Eagle license. (Non-profit, specifically.) CADsoft also refused to fix the file, so I had to redraw the design. :\ This explains why I'm sort of paranoid by people posting such files -- because it caused me problems in the past. (Note, I was able to recover the custom parts I drew... Turns out there's a bit of a way around that. Anyway...)

So, yes. I apologize if I caused any confusion or worried anyone, I just don't like to see data out there created with the cracked versions, because due to Eagle's licensing restrictions it just makes things difficult down the line.

-Steve

Ok.....time for some moderation here.....

We do not approve of pirated software/cracks/shared serials here, and actively discourage such use.

We also do not play software police by reporting every infringement to the publisher immediately.....that brings unwanted bad attention from publishers that would think bad of our whole community for one persons mistake.

So when this issue comes up again (it will, as it has in the past before most of you came here) the right response is an email or msg to an admin so we can handle it correctly and in private, not what has gone on here......

(In simpler language, we reserve the right to privately tease/ridicule/yell at people in these situations, since that is much more effective than random users playing bad cop at random times.)  ;)

Best

Smash