Re: MBSEQ V3 talk

stryd_one

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting :) I sat for 2 hours today, reading this code, while waiting for my g/f to come out of the operating theatre. I hardly even noticed how much time had passed, what a fun distraction  :)

I like the implementation of the track chaining, with the handshaking. Good thinking TK!

LMFAO ! No sickness taken ;)

Actually there's a lesson in this for us all I think... She tripped over a power cable, landed badly, and spent months learning to walk again ... This was an operation to re-tear the ligaments to hopefully allow her to regain full range of motion in the knee.

A good demonstration of how the tiniest slip in safety procedures (leaving a power cable on the floor where it can be tripped on) can be a real pain! Remember this when building your new seq :)

I like the implementation of the track chaining, with the handshaking. Good thinking TK!

it's realized in a way like I would implement it with hardware (I had some flip flops in mind ;-)

Did you also notice the credits in seq_scale.inc? :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

q

Yehaa

Yesterday a big package of 100 Duo-Leds and microbuttons arrived....

cant await to sitting behind my new layout and create the new killer-frontpanel for Seq 3 :)

The snapshot is nice easy to read / modify....

this is so awesome update....bow to the godfather  ;D

Regards

MTE

Yehaa

Yesterday a big package of 100 Duo-Leds and microbuttons arrived....

cant await to sitting behind my new layout and create the new killer-frontpanel for Seq 3 :)

Yeh, something heart-warming about a bag of LED's the size of a mini football :D

I was thinking it could be worthwhile to consider a new CS layout with the new version, but aside from the addition of a few buttons, it seems like the v2 UI is just fine...

What do you think TK? Is it worth creating a new kind of layout for those who are building a new v3, not upgrading an existing v2?

Hi :)

Yoh look thats my idea about the new Seq V3 layout (->attachment)

the quadratic Duo-LEDs works as buttons....also there are 4x 7-segment-digits for BPM-Display, cause i readed in another post TK will implement them....I hope it will work for 4 pieces for " 120,x " BPM ;)

Enjoy

MTE

567_Sequlizer-Frontpanel-v7_jpg1a53c8c51

A thought...where a button can be held in place to act like a 'shift' button, you want all those buttons together, on one side of the CS, so that you can use one hand to hold it in, and the other hand to hit the other button

the other hand is mostly busy with tweaking the rotary encoders... ;)

Shift buttons are a nice possibility to save money, but they mostly lead to compromisses

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Glad that all the chatter was taken out of the news thread :)

Back to the subject at hand....

;; TODO!!! -> use NRPN

Interesting, I had wondered how you would handle the control with all the extra tracks and layers etc... NRPN's will be cool, I guess it will naturally provide a way of grouping certain similar functions ... Do you plan to implement sending NRPNs from the tracks via the LoopBack? :)

Next thing I want to investigate is the button matrix, to see if 16x16 is possible... And I noticed some new flags for clocking (tick and also step now...hmmm) and I haven't looked at the new track layers yet... It's really a lot of work you've done to this thing TK, thanks again dude!

Interesting, I had wondered how you would handle the control with all the extra tracks and layers etc... NRPN's will be cool, I guess it will naturally provide a way of grouping certain similar functions ... Do you plan to implement sending NRPNs from the tracks via the LoopBack?

yes! :)

Each track will get its own Loopback channel, the NRPN address will be set accordingly, so that the value can be controlled with a normal CC

For external parameter control, NRPN over a single MIDI channel will be the only option.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Just push and hold the "Move" button, and shift left/right the

step with the encoder below the step

It should be self explaining once you try it out!

just a quick question: where is the 'move' button? i don't yet have an mbseq and have used all the legending from your box TK. i don't see a move button, is it called something else?

thanks

I've changed the description to make this more clear:

Just push and hold the "Move" function in the save page (GP Button #7),
    and turn on the encoder below the step which should be moved.
    It should be self explaining once you try it out! :)
[/code]

And I've created a video to demonstrate, how much fun it makes: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSG_GgWkaB4

I will create a new Utility page, from where such functions (and some more) are accessible, because I think that moving steps is not only useful for recorded tracks.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi All,

Ive noticed a few odd things about the V3 seq so far and have some questions.These are just a few to start. Note this is not in any way a criticism of what has been done so far, If I was to write a list of what is excellent about the seq it would be many times longer :) Im just hoping to be able to add to the ideas base of the development, or to be set straight on usage.

1) How do you save a song? When pressing menu, save in song mode it looks like the normal save, is it different? If this is how to save the song it didnt make sense to me.

2) When playing a patten, or song on the first bar it will play the last pattern of the song or last used pattern, then go out of time at the end of the first bar, then play normally. Is this a known bug? Maybe it is due to the memory problem Im having (next paragraph)??

3) There seems to be several odd memory problems. When I added the memory was all tested to work, the first pattern was ok, the rest all had stuff on them and could not be used (easily) to make new patterns and also had malformed characters on the screen for the layer assignments and outputs, some other outputs not normally used could be selected but when the encoder was turned back to the normal outputs you could only select the normal output ports. I made a blank pattern up and copy it to a new location before using a new location each time now, which is more work than needed. Is there a way to erase the patterns etc quickly or reformat the bankstick manually?

4) Using groups seem to be hard to do. Usually when I select G2 T1 the indicator LED is not moving even when I select a pattern to play in G2T1. I have to copy over my "blank" pattern to use it, and sometimes this doesnt work. I have had very limited success with using more than group 1. Im sure this is a mis use on my part, so maybe someone can walk me through the process??

5) How do you access the 17th track? I assume this is to link songs and record changes made to an overall master song? This may be the most important feature for me as I would like to be able to make a whole live show using only this sequencer for the midi source if possible. In general I would like to see the song mode expand as much as possible. One thought is to allow for more song steps for more detailed songs??

6) How do you define your own types of layers? There are several choices, but they are still limited. Would it make more sense to allow the user to select each layer type individually as a new custom layer type at the end of the list?

7) What is the trigger button and how is it intended to be used? The screen seems to show a series of numbers which I can not seem to make do anything.

8) Random function. It would be great to have a random function to fill in the layer you are editing for notes, gates, cc etc, perhaps random or random to scale??

9) Midi router, I think this could use a pep up so that midi inputs could be routed to outputs in a more defined way. This could almost have its own post if fully explored :) A simple router with easy use would be best in my opionion.

10) How do you set a program change to the track without wasting 2 layers? It would be awesome if each pattern could have a program change on each track which is sent the first time the pattern is played, and could be set (and would be by default) to off for people who dont want one sent? Would this be possible? I know many synths use many methods of program change, so maybe a few could be supported? Program change messages would greatly increase the usability of the seq for me. Even if they were stored in the song, or something like that??

11) Morphing. When I try to morph one track in a pattern to another track in another pattern I get interesting results which is good, but when the value is aproaching 127 it always just plays a series of the same note on every 16th step, is this the expected behaviour?

Theres lots more I want to talk about too, but this will be a good start!

John

1) How do you save a song? When pressing menu, save in song mode it looks like the normal save, is it different? If this is how to save the song it didnt make sense to me.

Changes in the song are always saved once you select a new song position, or exit the menu

2) When playing a patten, or song on the first bar it will play the last pattern of the song or last used pattern, then go out of time at the end of the first bar, then play normally. Is this a known bug? Maybe it is due to the memory problem Im having (next paragraph)??

This was an error in one of the last builds, it should be fixed in the meantime. Do you notice this effect with the latest build?

3) There seems to be several odd memory problems. When I added the memory was all tested to work, the first pattern was ok, the rest all had stuff on them and could not be used (easily) to make new patterns and also had malformed characters on the screen for the layer assignments and outputs, some other outputs not normally used could be selected but when the encoder was turned back to the normal outputs you could only select the normal output ports. I made a blank pattern up and copy it to a new location before using a new location each time now, which is more work than needed. Is there a way to erase the patterns etc quickly or reformat the bankstick manually?

Nobody else reported problems with the memory yet, and I also haven't noticed this by myself in the last months.

Reformatting: the easiest way is just to change the magic number in app_defines.inc - this will format the BankSticks with the next boot. Thereafter change back to the original value, so that the BankSticks will be formatted again, but for the official magic number.

4) Using groups seem to be hard to do. Usually when I select G2 T1 the indicator LED is not moving even when I select a pattern to play in G2T1. I have to copy over my "blank" pattern to use it, and sometimes this doesnt work. I have had very limited success with using more than group 1. Im sure this is a mis use on my part, so maybe someone can walk me through the process??

How do you select G2T1?

Normaly I press and hold the mute button, and press the track which should be selected with one of 16 GP buttons. Thereafter I change back to the edit menu.

5) How do you access the 17th track? I assume this is to link songs and record changes made to an overall master song? This may be the most important feature for me as I would like to be able to make a whole live show using only this sequencer for the midi source if possible. In general I would like to see the song mode expand as much as possible. One thought is to allow for more song steps for more detailed songs??

The 17th track has been removed by the Loopback function. Just select the appr. port in the Event menu - any track can play the role of a "master" track, it's even possible to use multiple tracks for this, and to mute/unmute them. Or to use a seperate group (pattern) and only to switch this "master track pattern" while all other groups play a static pattern.

It's only important, that the master track is located before the other tracks, otherwise it can happen, that a new base note should be played, but the other tracks only get it with the next step.

So, best choice is group 1, track 1

6) How do you define your own types of layers? There are several choices, but they are still limited. Would it make more sense to allow the user to select each layer type individually as a new custom layer type at the end of the list?

It is not possible to define own layers, since many definitions are required (see seq_layer.inc) - which combinations are you missing exactly?

7) What is the trigger button and how is it intended to be used? The screen seems to show a series of numbers which I can not seem to make do anything.

There are three trigger layers, each can be assigned to a function in the Assign menu. E.g., Trigger Layer A to Gate, Trigger Layer B to Accent, Trigger Layer C to Roll. If this is not enough information, just wait for the documentation, which I will write in some days.

Cool Random function. It would be great to have a random function to fill in the layer you are editing for notes, gates, cc etc, perhaps random or random to scale??

Nice idea, I will add this to the Utility menu.

9) Midi router, I think this could use a pep up so that midi inputs could be routed to outputs in a more defined way. This could almost have its own post if fully explored Smiley A simple router with easy use would be best in my opionion.

I haven't planned to extend the possibilities of the MIDI Router. But which function are you missing? Maybe it could be easily added, but note that the MIDI Configuration menu is already completely filled - hope that your wishes don't require a new menu!

10) How do you set a program change to the track without wasting 2 layers? It would be awesome if each pattern could have a program change on each track which is sent the first time the pattern is played, and could be set (and would be by default) to off for people who dont want one sent? Would this be possible? I know many synths use many methods of program change, so maybe a few could be supported? Program change messages would greatly increase the usability of the seq for me. Even if they were stored in the song, or something like that??

This is in the "planned for a future release" list, but I've no idea, where to store this information, and how to allow the user to select the program change. It's also not clear to me, if it makes more sense within a pattern, or within a song. And at least I don't know, if it is really an important feature, where it makes sense to spend some hours to realize it (I wouldn't use it by myself), or if this is just one of those ideas of the type "I'm missing something what I saw in another sequencer"

11) Morphing. When I try to morph one track in a pattern to another track in another pattern I get interesting results which is good, but when the value is aproaching 127 it always just plays a series of the same note on every 16th step, is this the expected behaviour?

This seems to be a bug. But it could also be related to your BankStick issues.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hiya TK,

Thanks for the info!

re song save:

Changes in the song are always saved once you select a new song position, or exit the menu

Thats a great way to save! Another excellent interface design choice.

re pattern play glitch:

This was an error in one of the last builds, it should be fixed in the meantime. Do you notice this effect with the latest build?

UPDATE: The glitch to still be there with the latest version mbseq_v3_snapshot_build64

Nobody else reported problems with the memory yet, and I also haven't noticed this by myself in the last months.

Reformatting: the easiest way is just to change the magic number in app_defines.inc - this will format the BankSticks with the next boot. Thereafter change back to the original value, so that the BankSticks will be formatted again, but for the official magic number.

I will also test this tonight, is there meant to be anything in the unused patterns? All of mine are full with strange settings, most relating to the Aout as in the event menu, and can not be used as normal patterns. To be clear, I have an aout board connected but it has no +-12v psu yet as I am waiting to find a dual rail pcb to suit the Aout and core at once. Maybe this glitch relates to not poweing the aout properly? Its light it on (green). Maybe I should disconnect it? Just to be sure I will reformat the bankstick too as you suggested.

UPDATE: Which values should change to do this and to what? Im not sure??

#define BANKSTICK_MAGIC0 0x36 ; magic numbers - if they don't exists in bankstick at BANK_MAGIC_ADDRESS,

#define BANKSTICK_MAGIC1 0x2b ; the stick will be ignored until it has been formatted

#define BANKSTICK_SONG_MAGIC0 0x7a ; the same for the song sector (or second bankstick)

#define BANKSTICK_SONG_MAGIC1 0x5c

Re group usage:

How do you select G2T1?

Normaly I press and hold the mute button, and press the track which should be selected with one of 16 GP buttons. Thereafter I change back to the edit menu.

This is how I am changing to a new group too, but what happens for me is probably related to the bankstick problem I think as the patterns are not able to be used until I copy a "blank" one over an existing one. I did get G2T1 working once, but only once.  The selection is easy, but imagine if you select G2t1 or anything else but G1Tx and all LEDs stop moving and you can not edit the track in edit mode (but all G1Tx sounds keep playing) this is what happens for me.

re 17th track:

The 17th track has been removed by the Loopback function. Just select the appr. port in the Event menu - any track can play the role of a "master" track, it's even possible to use multiple tracks for this, and to mute/unmute them. Or to use a seperate group (pattern) and only to switch this "master track pattern" while all other groups play a static pattern.

It's only important, that the master track is located before the other tracks, otherwise it can happen, that a new base note should be played, but the other tracks only get it with the next step.

So, best choice is group 1, track 1

I did not understand what the loopback function was for before, I can see what it is for now and will try it out. Can this trigger seperate songs? What I want to do with it is make a bunch of patterns, make a song out of them, repeat until I have lots of songs then chain the songs with the possibilty of having them overlap like a mix, and to be able to replay all of it easily (without needing a PC to record the output!!)

Ill try loopback mode and see how it works for me.

re layer definitions:

It is not possible to define own layers, since many definitions are required (see seq_layer.inc) - which combinations are you missing exactly?

Its not really whats missing, but not wanting to scroll thru the menu to get to a combo which may suit as along the way the cc events are sent out to the sound modules and changes to the sounds are made which I dont want, so its more that I would prefer to define the ccs etc for layers as needed. I do like tho the idea of groups of useful layers too, so I was imagining having the best of both ie set 1 can have anything you like selected, all other sets are pre defined. This is not a big deal tho as I can just stop the seq and select a layer, but it makes it less live.

7) - 9) all understood now, thanks! Excellent if you can make the random function work!!

re midi router:

I haven't planned to extend the possibilities of the MIDI Router. But which function are you missing? Maybe it could be easily added, but note that the MIDI Configuration menu is already completely filled - hope that your wishes don't require a new menu!

I wrote a bunch of things I would like it to do, then noticed your changes in the latest version do exactly that already :)

re program changes:

This is in the "planned for a future release" list, but I've no idea, where to store this information, and how to allow the user to select the program change. It's also not clear to me, if it makes more sense within a pattern, or within a song. And at least I don't know, if it is really an important feature, where it makes sense to spend some hours to realize it (I wouldn't use it by myself), or if this is just one of those ideas of the type "I'm missing something what I saw in another sequencer"

I dont know about other people but this is VERY important to me, especially to use for a whole live show. I think the best usage would be that a pattern stored the program change and sent it once when the patten was first played (or ideally a couple of ms before hand if possible). This way you could easily control the pattern usage over a song so that when a new pattern arrives its program change is sent before it plays or on the first note allowing for the re use of midi channels within a song. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE look at including this as a feature in some way. Do you know about the multiple methods of program selection? If not I will point you to some good examples. Most synths are capable of using the most simple method, but there are extended ways too... Even a simple usage would extend the capabilities of the sequencer very much for me and I hope others too. I could imagine in a pattern choosing track 1, event screen, port, bank number, patch numer (for each track) as the easy way to operate this.

I think usage with multiple ports without the abilty to send a program change would be very difficult if writing a long bit of music for a live performance.

re morphing:

This seems to be a bug. But it could also be related to your BankStick issues.

Will check it out after uploading the new version and formatting the BS's.

I hope these suggestions are helpful!!

PS, the new experimental progression mode is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the sort of features I love!!

<overly excited rant>Also (forgot to add this when posting initially) a midi multi delay effect which was in sync with the beat clock and adjustable would be awesome to compliment the progression (or any midi note event!) especially if coupled with a note thinner (ie to "thin" events to monophonic, or a given number of voices at once)!!! Using such an effect, particularly if interesting adjustments such as different lengths on different delays, and delay feedback were possible, particularly on chords could be very interesting!!</overly excited rant>  :o (probably very difficult to program tho??). Id give away a function key happily to trade it for a midi FX menu :)

Fantastic what you have done with the utility menu, makes working with tracks much easier!!

All the best,

John

My personal hell right now with the vX ::) I have been working on kind of preemptive double-buffering approach, where the tracks pre-load the steps and set a flag which the sequencer core uses to process them into separate buffers to have internal signals processed separately before outgoing midi... but I don't even know if it works yet (at least, not that the timing is OK), and I don't know if such a method would be compatible or even desirable for the seqv3.

UPDATE: The glitch to still be there with the latest version mbseq_v3_snapshot_build64

it's really strange, I cannot reproduce it! I just tried it again in master and slave mode. I know that we had the issue that the pattern was not changed on the first song bar some builds ago, but I found the issue and solved it.

Are you really sure, that you don't mis-interpret a certain "new effect", maybe related to your song settings?

Could you please describe, how you've configured the song steps, and what the patterns are doing?

I will also test this tonight, is there meant to be anything in the unused patterns?

if the patterns are properly formatted, this should not happen.

Maybe this glitch relates to not poweing the aout properly? Its light it on (green). Maybe I should disconnect it?

It shouldn't have any effect, there is no feedback from the AOUT module to the core.

UPDATE: Which values should change to do this and to what? Im not sure??

just change 0x36 to 0x37, build a new .hex file, upload it, wait until all BankSticks are formatted, change back to 0x36, build a new .hex file, upload it, and have (hopefully) some more fun ;)

an this trigger seperate songs? What I want to do with it is make a bunch of patterns, make a song out of them, repeat until I have lots of songs then chain the songs with the possibilty of having them overlap like a mix, and to be able to replay all of it easily (without needing a PC to record the output!!)

No, the loopback cannot trigger new songs. Song changes have to be done interactively. There is one function still missing, which was available in one of the previous MBSEQ V2 releases, then replaced by another feature... but it should be available again: switching between the songs w/o turning the first encoder, but by pressing one of 16 GP buttons.

Something which currently also doesn't work properly anymore, but which will work sooner or later is, that you can switch between different song parts with the GP buttons or with an external keyboard (where you have more keys available)

What you are describing sounds like "push the play button and wait for one hour until the song program has finished". My focus was always interactivity and not full automation.

Especially for overlapping songs I don't see a solution with the existing concepts. Only "cheap but working" solution is to prepare several parts within a song, which are started once you select them with the GP button/external keyboard, and which slightly change the pattern sets until they reach the set of the next song, and once these patterns are played, you can smoothly switch to the next song.

But this will require a lot of manual preparations...

Its not really whats missing, but not wanting to scroll thru the menu to get to a combo which may suit as along the way the cc events are sent out to the sound modules and changes to the sounds are made which I dont want, so its more that I would prefer to define the ccs etc for layers as needed. I do like tho the idea of groups of useful layers too, so I was imagining having the best of both ie set 1 can have anything you like selected, all other sets are pre defined. This is not a big deal tho as I can just stop the seq and select a layer, but it makes it less live.

You don't need to stop the sequencer, you could also mute the track and ummute it, once the event configuration has been done.

My own workflow looks different: I've prepared some configurations, e.g. for MIDIbox SID, FM, for a Drum VST, for Reaktor Instruments, for other MIDI synths, and I have stored them into a seperate BankStick. These patterns don't play any events, they only contain the configuration I'm normaly using for these instruments.

When I want to try out something new, I just load one of these prepared configurations, later I store the ready made pattern to another location. By doing so, I can switch to the right setup immediately and especially without unmuting a track or stopping the sequencer.

In other words: these are the prepared setups for which you are looking for, and it's definitely not "less live"

Program Change/Bank Selection: I've to think some days about a good solution...

Delay effect: it's still in the wishlist, but also a minor feature and I think it isn't relevant for the first release. I will do such gimmicks after I finished MIDIbox SID V2 and feel boring.

More important is to get MBSEQ V3 into a state, where I can ensure, that the basic concepts won't be changed anymore. Especially the BankStick storage structure should be stable (to ensure pattern compatibility within all V3 releases).

There are also some features which are unusuable yet (e.g. Drum Mode) and where I have to find a solution as well, before removing it from the feature list just because I haven't found a usage concept which was good enough for live usage.

My personal hell right now with the vX ::) I have been working on kind of preemptive double-buffering approach, where the tracks pre-load the steps and set a flag which the sequencer core uses to process them into separate buffers to have internal signals processed separately before outgoing midi... but I don't even know if it works yet (at least, not that the timing is OK), and I don't know if such a method would be compatible or even desirable for the seqv3.

I know what you mean, but I think this is not desirable, I prefer immediate response and direct control. It's not only less debugging effort and higher stability, it's especially because of the fact, that the engine has enough time to prepare the next events while other events are sent. This results into more stable timings.

Here a simple example - let's say, the sequencer runs in slave mode and receives a MIDI clock. Once the first track sends a MIDI event, the sequencer has ca. 1 mS time to prepare the next event in parallel why the current event is sent. This is much more time than really required, accordingly you won't run into any non-MIDI related timing issues.

If you want to prepare all MIDI events (MBSEQ V3 can play up to 64 MIDI events per step), preprocess and priorize them, the latency - especially in slave mode - will be much greater than 1 mS!

Accordingly you really have to ask yourself, if it is worth the effort, or if it only leads to new compromises.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hiya TK,

I did manage to reformat the memory, but it did not solve the skipping after 1 bar problem, but I did notice that "Sync to master" (what is this meant to do?) was on for those tracks, when I turned it off it worked without skipping! Also formatting the memory got rid of all the garbage in the patterns I was talking about before!!  ;D

With the 17th track / master track Im still a bit lost as to its usage, how does it relate to changing songs etc? Maybe I should wait for the documentation when you get it ready?? Even if songs wouldnt overlap is there an easy way to chain them? Im also still confused as to using the trigger page where it shows *234123412341234 I cant get it to do anything (no keyboard plugged in). Not a big deal, Im sure it will be obvious in the documentation.

As far as

What you are describing sounds like "push the play button and wait for one hour until the song program has finished"
Thats not exactly what Im trying to do, but may seem that way. I want to be able to have 2 hands free for midi controllers most of the time, and to be able to smoothly change from one song to the next in a chain without stopping or needing to do it in time. I would like to be able to interact with the seq while it is running in song mode still, thats why I want this seq rather than a PC.

As for the use of the events, you are right, and it is not less live at all. I would however like to see note cc cc as an option (I didnt see it there) if thats possible with fixed velocity and length?? This would save me using another track for the 2nd cc when I also need a note event.

Also another suggestion I was thinking of is that the "All" button may have better use with 3 states rather than 2..

1) off (no led no action)

2) on linear (led on, normal action as it is now)

3) on curve (led flashing, action as described below)

Say you have a pattern of notes, or ccs or whatever you like and you have a certain curve of values you want to keep, but the ability to increase and decrease while keeping the curve, you would want to move the curve as a group. This would be great for attaching a cc to a filter, and being able to increase the filter whilst maintaing the individual steps interesting elements. See the attached images which show the usage (I should have made the "after turning" images with more than a +2 increase to make it more obvious).

An interesting thing is happening when I record the midi events of the seq into my kurzweil in that the kurzweil is playing them back at a VERY fast speed (maybe 4 or 8x) and I have not changed the clock divider from default. Normally the kurzweil sequencer is very stable and doesnt do this, so im wondering if maybe its what the MB seq is sending it??

I still cant believe how cool this seq is, and its not even finished :)

Hope these suggestions help somehow.

All the best,

John

Original_Linear_before_turning_data_whee

Original_Linear_after_turning_data_wheel

Curve_Mode_before_turning_data_wheel_+2.

Curve_Mode_after_turning_data_wheel_+2.g

I did manage to reformat the memory, but it did not solve the skipping after 1 bar problem, but I did notice that "Sync to master" (what is this meant to do?) was on for those tracks, when I turned it off it worked without skipping!

so, this means that the "Sync to master" works like expected ;-)

Currently it always resets the track position after 16 steps. This is useful to get all tracks on sync. However, the number of steps after which the positions will be reset is currently not configurable... it will be a global settings, and it will affect the switching in song mode as well (currently a loop always takes 16 steps)

With the 17th track / master track Im still a bit lost as to its usage, how does it relate to changing songs etc?

To say it clearly again: there is neither a 17th track, nor a master track. This concept has been cancled.

Even if songs wouldnt overlap is there an easy way to chain them?

unfortunately not...

Im also still confused as to using the trigger page where it shows *234123412341234 I cant get it to do anything

if the sequencer is not running you can trigger a single step of the >>selected<< tracks with the GP buttons. The sequencer will only play this step, and thereafter stop

if the sequencer is running you can force the sequencer to start at the position which you set with the GP buttons.

Also another suggestion I was thinking of is that the "All" button may have better use with 3 states rather than 2..

Thanks for the suggestion - I planned this "incremental change" function some weeks ago, because I saw the need. But then I forgot to bring this into the whishlist.

However, it's implemented now (see ChangeLog) :)

An interesting thing is happening when I record the midi events of the seq into my kurzweil in that the kurzweil is playing them back at a VERY fast speed (maybe 4 or 8x) and I have not changed the clock divider from default. Normally the kurzweil sequencer is very stable and doesnt do this, so im wondering if maybe its what the MB seq is sending it??

The recorded note will always be forwarded automatically to the target channel and port. What are your MIDI router settings? Is there any additional forwarding or merging enabled?

Best Regards, Thorsten.