Has anyone seen these switches?

stryd_one

OMFG I think I've searched everywhere... I hope one of you guys can help me find these switches. Here's what I want:

Momentary on (of course)

.3-.8" in button/cap size (the bit you push, not necessarily the mounting hole)

Panel mount, in a circular hole

Short throw

Throw feels like a laptop key

Matte or textured black or grey or metallic (IE a neutral shade) caps

Sealed would be nice!

If any of you have seen something like that in your travels, I'd love to know!

I have recently been looking for buttons like the ones on the faderfox. They are momentary and have a really easy good feel. I asked the guys at faderfox and they pointed me to these that are made by ITT CANON

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?sku=1201378

from what i can see the only problem is they panel mount but on the faderfox they are nice and flush with the surface giving enough distance to push but not be soggy, something like a laptop key although a bit firmer. They come in all sorts of colours and as round or square - if they are like the faderfox ones then they have a slight metallic glint.

My problem now is that as they pcb mount and I am a newbie and want to by bits from smash tv, how can I incorporate them into my controller. You seem to know your stuff so I dont suppose youve got any suggestions? can I mount them onto another board just to hold them in place but then wire them to the DIN, what do you think?

On the topic of buttons... quick question:

I'm also in search of buttons and need to know something about the LED wiring.  Do the LED contacts need to be seperate of the buttons contacts?  I think so because they need to go back to a seperate PCB but I need to know 'cause I want a button w/ the LED inside of it, not a seperate LED. 

Thanks,

TIM

Do the LED contacts need to be seperate of the buttons contacts?

not sure quite what u mean, but here goes at an explaination

an illuminated button will (usually) have contacts for the switch and separate pins for the LED.

you can use the same negative for the LED as for the DIN. obviously the positives will need to go to the DOUT and the DIN

haven't tried them, but they look ok

Thanks dude.... That exactly my problem, looking at specs just doesn't really cut it when buying switches :( I think I should go visit my local store (switchesplus) so I can actually feel them, but I'm trapped with work. argh!

They are momentary and have a really easy good feel. I asked the guys at faderfox and they pointed me to these that are made by ITT CANON

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?sku=1201378

Someone else was asking about those recently:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7526.0

They may not all be like mine, but mine aren't 100% "laptop-like" in click feel. The click is a bit cheaper, sharper, and harder feeling than most laptop keys, but still tolerable. Of course YMMV.

Take Care