ALPS RSA0K11A1-B103 "K-Fader". Where to get in Germany?

phunk

Hello,

well first post here in this cool Forum. Since there is no "hello its me" section..(i am sure there is a good reason for it :-) ) i am posting here and ask my fist parts question.

At the moment i am dealing with the "where to get the parts" stuff. I decided to use some quality faders in the Midibox and stick with the ALPS K Faders, maybe the ALPS N Faders (If i cant get the Ks cheap).

My problem now is where to get those in Germany for a fair price. After comparing several vendors it turned out that there are heavy differences. Conrad sells for 29,- per item, Farnell and RS-Components sell for 12,- per item. The Problem with Farnell and RS ist that they only sell the log. Faders...not the linear Faders.

So may you got an idea where to get them. Albs.de is probably more expensive than Conrad is.

Thanx for your help.

Alex

Hi!

So far you got all the important shops, good way!  ;D

Farnell & RS: For both I can only suggest that you write them and tell them your story. Ask them if they can give you some special pass or similar, perhaps they´ll do it. Especially Farnell *WILL* give you a pass if you´re still a student (I got some pass some time ago when I was still studying - they were very helping people indeed!). So that´s certainly no one-way stop. Just talk to those people.

ALBS: Depends HEAVILY how much you want to get. Here it´s the same story: Just write them, tell them what you want and what they would charge you. If the total price keeps below 100 Euros, they will normally not answer as it´s not worth for them (sounds pretty arrogant, BUT: If you know how DAMN many mails they get from hobbiests every day asking for 20 Euro parts, you know why they don´t answer those queries. They would be ruined within months if they would sell their stuff to every single person, they are just not outlied for something like that). ALBS get´s VERY VERY cheap (astoundingly) if you manage to order 100+ parts or in other words 1000+ Euros (think about ordering for other people, too).

Hope that helps! :)

Greetz!

well it does help, thx for your posts :-)

I wrote them all...waiting for replies at the moment. Hopefully on monday.

Farnell has a special service where you can inquire to order a non listed item. So did i with the linear K Fader. They have a min. of 150 Euro,

But thats not much when dealing with K Faders.

The guys at RS were kind but couldnt help me. Of course they thought about their product portfolio and if there is non linear fader that

must have a reason (probably no demand for it)

There are some smaller companies. One located here in the sout of munich..they were very kind but said that if they order 10 Faders from ALPS they charge them probably 5 times per piece...means the price is higher than the conrad price. Anyway they wanted to look for some

"Restbestände" which lie about somewhere....

I also looked in the fleamarket section...no luck there.

So i i cant get them cheap i either buy the expensive Conrad K Faders, but less than planned...*sigh* or stick with the cheaper N faders...i am not sure about the difference though....

Greetz

Alex

Farnell has a special service where you can inquire to order a non listed item. So did i with the linear K Fader. They have a min. of 150 Euro,

Since you ignored my first post... I'm just trying to avoid you spending money for nothing.  ;)

... the only K-Type I can find at Farnell is LOG:

http://de.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?sku=1191704

... it says "Gehäusetyp: linear" which means "linear fader" but the taper is 10k LOG

Greets, Roger

Well Roger,

its not me ignoring you... i´d say you didnt read my first post accurate ;)

The Problem with Farnell and RS ist that they only sell the log. Faders...not the linear Faders.

That´s the reason why i wrote to farnell "Special Service" to ask them if they could also order and sell the K fader with linear resistance...when offering it already as log type.

May they do :)

Thanks anyway

appreciate it when people trying to help

Greetz

Alex