Vectorboards Ok for the projects?

Djo

Vectorboards Ok for the projects? I'm ordering components for the work, and they have these things in there: http://radiocom.dn.ua/produkts/produkt/mak_plat.htm . First thing i want to build is PIC burner. These boards are really cheap - 0.3 - 0.8 $ for piece. Also there are no "Rectifier" component ( Rectifie  |    1 | B80C800RUND        |  0.18 |  0.18 | ), and because i'm total lame in electronics i dont know what can replace this one. Though, i've found this component 1N5399 Elzet (1000v, 1,5 A). I hope it's the right one. I have NO EXPERIENCE in soldering, this should be my first project.

P.S. still need to by soldering iron ;D Yes, Synthedit is far more easier ;)

For hand made work, I use Vectorboard or similar pretty much exclusively. I would sugest that you try part 500/15  since it most closely represents a typical breadboard. So, you could create a test sample of the circuit on breadboard, play around with the smartest way to wire it up, then simply transfer it to the Vectorboard. These boards are GREAT for circuits with a lot of IC chips.

If you choose another board, just think carefully about how you will build your circuit. Example being DIN and DOUT modules might be better served by a different Vector board.

When making circuits with a lot of descrete parts (not IC chips) or that need a particular layout (such as control panels), I do the tedious point to point wiring on something more like the 500/19. Be carefull with heat on those individual pads. After a solder joint or two, they tend to come off the board.

Regarding your Rectifier question: Are you refering to a full bridge rectifier? If so then, If you cant find it, then 4 diodes of equivilent current ratings will do. Look up a rectifier circuit diagram to arrange the diodes correctly.  I dont know the ratings on the parts list off the top of my head, but the diode you stated sounds more than enough.

cheap - 0.3 - 0.8 $ for piece. Also there are no "Rectifier" component ( Rectifie  |    1 | B80C800RUND        |  0.18 |  0.18 | ), and because i'm total lame in electronics i dont know what can replace this one. Though, i've found this component 1N5399 Elzet (1000v, 1,5 A). I hope it's the right one. I have NO EXPERIENCE in soldering, this should be my first project.

If you don't find a rectifier you can use 4 Diodes.

Try to get 1N4007 then.

The 1N5399 can also do (a bit overkill) but you'll need four of them.

greets

Doc