Yamaha PSR

henrygr

Lads,

The amount of Yamaha PSR's on ebay is criminal. They are going or a song!! (Pun intended. Couldn't resist it)

Now, as keyboards go, I would imagaine that most of you would share my opinion in that you wouldn't pi*s on one if it caught fire. But I bring this up as I reckon it could be a cheap way for a lot of us to build keyboards from the ground up. If we managed to get a scan matrix as well as pinout charts for posted and freely available, I think that might benefit a hell of  lot of us. Even without that, the PCB's in them are miniscule. They are essentilly built the size they are to hold the speakers, so using the MIDI out from one could even be acceptable in that there would be plent of space to hold lots more components inside!!

Thoughts, lads, thought. Ideas?

I am currently working on a monumental task. A keyboard that has a PC housed in it etc etc. You can guess the rest, so I won't bore you with the details.

Anyone on for the task?

Mark. :o

Addendum: Could someone please translate itno german "Would you consider posting to Ireland? Many Thanks,  Mark".  Cheers.  Ebay.de is just a little treasure trove!!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...