Mouser Order List Making

napierzaza

This is sort of a continuation of the "Digikey Quotes" topic. I had to change to a new topic, firstly because I'm not going to buy from Digikey, but from Mouser; second of all I am very green at component picking so I was wondering if I could get any comments for the PIC Burner Mouser order list I assembled?

One problem left (I went through several in the other topic): I can't find LPT connectors anywhere, even browsing through the i/o section of the site. Does anyone know what it would be under?

MBHP BURNER Orderlist (last update: 01-2007)

+-------+---------------------------------------+-------+--------------------+

| Loc. | Description | Qty | Mouser Part # |

| - | IC-Socket for PIC | 1 | 571-3902625 |

| - | IC-Socket for 74HC14 | 2 | 2-641609-1 |

| - | 74HC14 (6 x Schmitt Trigger) | 2 | 512-MM74HC14N |

| - | Transistor BC337 | 1 | 2N3904TA |

| - | Resistor 10 kOhm | 3 | 291-10K |

| - | Resistor 1 kOhm   | 7 | 291-1K |

| - | Resistor 470 Ohm | 3 | 291-470-RC |

| - | Resistor 220 Ohm | 1 | 291-220 |

| - | Trim Pot 2.2k   | 1 | 3362R-1-222LF |

| - | Diode 1N4148 | 1 | 78-1N4148 |

| - | Diode 1N4002 | 1 | 821-1N4002 |

| - | Voltage Regulator 7805 (in TO92)   | 1 | 512-LM7805CT |

| - | Voltage Regulator LM317 (in TO92) | 1 | 512-LM317LZ |

| - | Ceramic Cap 100nF=.1uF "104" | 6 | 80-C412C104K5R |

| - | Polarised Capacitor 100 uF (min. 35 V) | 1 | 140-XRL35V100-RC-TB|

| - | Polarised Capacitor 10 uF (min. 20 V) | 2 | USR1E100MDD |

| - | Bridge Rectifier | 1 | 625-W08G |

| - | 25 pin LPT connector, male   | 1 | ??? |

| - | Two "Clips" for 9V Batteries   | 2 | 534-68 |

Not included:

- Green Power LED

- Yellow Vdd LED

- Red Vpp LED

- Two 9V batteries

- 1:1 LPT cable (male/female)

Okay, I searched and searched (using Centronics first, thanks) and found out it's called a "D-Sub" connector. They have 25p D-subs, but they're about 4 dollars:

25 pin D-Sub connector, male  571-5747842-4     

There's two kinds, difference is that one has "boardlocks" and the other has "mount holes" and I don't know what that means.

Boardlocks: http://www.conexcon.com/pages/8017.html and http://www.conrad.de/script/d_sub_steckerleiste-42.sap

Mount holes: http://akizukidenshi.com/catalog/items2.php?p=1&q=%22C-00164%22

Click the pic on the last 2 links to enlarge.

For your Mouser list (please put this in the wiki when you are done):

[tt]| - | Transistor BC337                              |    1 | 2N3904TA    |[/tt]

No need to sub this, 512-BC33725TA is what you want.

[tt]| - | Trim Pot 2.2k                                    |    1 | 3362R-1-222LF |[/tt]

You can usually use a 2k pot here also allowing a wider selection of parts (2k is way more common)

[tt]| - | Diode 1N4002                                  |    1 | 821-1N4002        |[/tt]

You can use a 1N4002, 1N4003, etc. through 1N4007 for this.

[tt]| - | Polarised Capacitor 100 uF (min. 35 V)  |    1 | 140-XRL35V100-RC-TB|[/tt]

The "TB" on the end of this part means "tape and box" packaging, you want 140-XRL35V100-RC instead....or use 140-HTRL35V100-RC, same price, but high temp/better cap.

[tt]| - | Polarised Capacitor 10 uF (min. 20 V)    |    2 | USR1E100MDD        |[/tt]

140-HTRL25V10-RC a bit cheaper than the nichicon part, and again is an upgrade to high temp.

Okay, I tried to straighten it as much as possible.

You can use [*tt] and [/tt] for this (omit the "*"), select the text in your post that you want monospaced and hit the type writer icon to add the tags, then hit preview to see it.

Best

Smash

Wow, thanks Smash that's all really useful.

Problem: for the CORE module on your site the 512-BC33716TA is "not stocked" and appears to force you to buy 12000. Am I misreading the site or is this so? Should I change that to 512-BC33725TA?? I really appreciate the help with this list and the lists on your site, but should they be updated?

Problem: for the CORE module on your site the 512-BC33716TA is "not stocked" and appears to force you to buy 12000. Am I misreading the site or is this so? Should I change that to 512-BC33725TA??
Any of the BC337 parts should work fine for what we do.

I really appreciate the help with this list and the lists on your site, but should they be updated?
Probably, but it's yet another thing on the to do list and rather low priority.  It's not as simple as using the same part numbers I use to make up the kits, since some of the parts I use for this come from other suppliers or are not available in single quantities.  I just don't have the spare hours it would take to specify, source, and test all of these parts.....I can barely keep up with that process as needed by my store.

Best Regards

Smash

Hehe no worries.....  :)

You are right I should update the lists. I like to verify the whole list for each module in one test build, and I just have not been able to make the time to grind hours looking at datasheets and catalogs past what I have to do to (almost) keep up with the store....stepping away from the 'puter to play with my son just keeps winning that battle.  ;)

Best

Smash

Well I would have bought the kits from you so it's easier; but Jidis was extremely nice and made soome boards for me, and I can't just order parts from you (as far as I know). Anyhow I should be buying lots of buttons and pots from mouser anyhow (if I can muster the strength to continue the search on their site).

Okay, okay okay.

Got my order back from Mouser and there is a lot out of date stuff. I have updated a great deal of it. But I don't know the specs for the IIC unit's 20MHz crystal. Can someone tell me if the one below is kosher or is there a specific package/spec I need to get? I'm lost in the details for this.

73-XT49U2000-20

PS I believe my questions are becoming less and less stupid.

Okay, okay okay.

Got my order back from Mouser and there is a lot out of date stuff. I have updated a great deal of it. But I don't know the specs for the IIC unit's 20MHz crystal. Can someone tell me if the one below is kosher or is there a specific package/spec I need to get? I'm lost in the details for this.

73-XT49U2000-20

PS I believe my questions are becoming less and less stupid.

I have not looked at the datasheet for that one, but I do know that 815-ABL-20-B2 works and is a few cents cheaper.

Best

Smash