I'm a bit confused about the DIN .....

Jakes Daddy

I wonder if anyone can clear something up for me ....

I'm making a Midibox project, and at first I thought it was MB64, but now I'm thinking it might be MB64E ??  ???

The project is to convert a DJ CD control unit into a DJ Midi control unit :-). I have a bust Denon control unit (DN1800F - see my other posts), and it has 2 'players' or 'decks'. Each 'player' has buttons for play, cue, pitch, pitch+, pitch-, etc. These are easy, they can be connected to a DIN

Then there is a linear pot for the pitch fader for each player - again, easy, connect to an AIN.

But then it gets complicated (in my mind !) Each player has a shuttle ring and an encoder. I now understand the pinouts of the shuttle and encoder, and will connect them to a DIN.

But I'm now confused as to the connection of the DINs to CORE

My original plan was based on MB64. There would be one CORE, one AIN and 2 DINs.

The AIN would have both linear pots and nothing else, and I would connect AIN J6 to CORE J6

The first DIN would have all of the buttons, shuttle and encoder for the first player, and I would connect DIN J1 to CORE J9, and DIN J2 to J1 of the 2nd DIN

The second DIN would have all of the buttons, shuttle and encoder for the 2nd player, and I would connect DIN J1 to J2 of the 1st DIN

Basically, each DIN has all the digital controls for each player, and I daisy chain the 2 DINs together.

But then I start reading more detail, and it says that if I have encoders then the DIN should be connected to CORE J6 and I should use MB16E (MB64E ??  ???). So what does this mean ?

Is it saying that I have one DIN just for the 2 encoders and it is connected to CORE J6, and that all my other buttons should be connected to the other DIN which is connected to CORE J9 ? If this is the case, does it mean I cannot use an AIN (as that would have been connected to CORE J6) ?

And what is the difference between MB64 and MB64E ??

I am sooooo confused  ??? ??? ???

Thanks for any help you can offer,

JD

Hi TK and Smash,

I read it on both sites actually. Smash has removed it from his now, and it is much clearer (thanks :)) , but it is still on the main ucapps site - http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_din.html

But now I have the attention of the 2 top men  :) :) :) - bearing in mind my original design of a midi based DJ 'cd console' - am I right in thinking that I will have:

1 * AIN for the two pitch faders. Connect AIN J6 to CORE J6. Ground all the unsed analog input pins on the AIN

2 * DINs - 1 for each player. All the buttons (play, cue, etc) and the shuttle/encoder for each player connected to its own DIN, daisy chain the 2 DINS via 1st DIN J2 to J1 of the 2nd DIN

Connect 1st DIN J1 to CORE J9

Is this correct ?

Cheers

JD