PCI cards layed flat...

Screaming_Rabbit

Roger,

Yes there are 90 degree "riser" cards (adapters actually). I've looked at them for a single board computer I've got. You can find them on eBay IIRC, and at some electronics outlets online. I think there were not only different heights available, but also left and right turn ones. They're used for short bodied (1U/2U) rackmount computers a lot, so a rack case dealer may sell them too. I think they should cost only a few bucks if you're lucky.

Take Care,

George

PS- Obviously make sure you've got clearance for your other onboard stuff. :o

I'm pretty sure I've seen them... Yep I got the name right, they're referred to as PCI riser cards. Google gets me this http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=8 flexible cable which should be fine, and there are also ones with multiple slots from one, but you might want to make sure these will actually work with your mobo.

Beaten hhehehe

Edit: http://www.tmc-uk.com/supports/general_faqs/riser_card.htm good info :)

yes as already said pci riser cards i used one in my midibox computer all in one

they are available in left hand or right hand with one or two slots any itx computer supplier will have them  the problem ive had with the one i use is that it rides out of the pci slot on the board sometimes ive even thought about soldering it in but at the moment i just relocate it regularly

kris

ps i tried one of the ones with a flexible ribbon cable and i couldnt get three different versions of it to work so it went back apparently the pci format is low power so you cant extend the connection to far as i thought about making my own ribbon cable pci extenders so i could mount the cards any where in the case

• 4 weeks later...