SIL Header Cables

vedge

Hello

Theres no mention anywhere that i can find for the cables that tie to sil headers.

Frankly ive gone out of old PC motherboards cables..

Is there anyplace that sells these in bulk, say female to female 1 to 2 feet long in various

combinations (1, 2, 4, 5 ,8 ,10 pins )??

is there a real name for them "SIL HEADER CABLES" doesnt return lots of hits on google.

Cheers

for the single row 5 pin plugs, i've only seen the ones where you use the crimp pins.

http://www.mouser.com/search/Refine.aspx?Ne=1447464+254016&Ntt=*53850579005*&Ntx=mode%2bmatchall&Mkw=538-50-57-9005&N=1323038&Ntk=Mouser_Wildcards

don't forget the crimp pins.

view the catalog page from there for different sizes.  if you look around, maybe you'll find something cheaper.

for the dual row, 10 and 16 pin connectors and corresponding ribbon cable, i got them cheap at http://www.futurlec.com.  expect to wait a couple weeks for delivery.  these don't need crimp pins and are very easy to assemble.

for 5 wire ribbon cable, i'd just buy 10 core wire or anything in a multiple of 5 from futurlec and split them apart.

i didn't worry about quantity too much, i just bought plenty of extra because they're so cheap at futurlec.  figure a 16 pin connector for each lcd, plus one to the core (and a 10 pin in that funky setup as well).  for 10 pin DIL connectors, i just bought a lot.  i'm not at the point of knowing if i need 5 pin SIL connectors yet so i can't give you any advice.