CEM3378 or CEM3379?

metabit

Apparently the only difference is the CEM3378 can mix two inputs (with balance control), the CEM3379 can split into two outputs (with pan control). Since you're probably not using those CVs, there's no difference.

threadnapping alert!!!

doeas anyone have known-good schematics for both of those cem´s? i mean with full cv-control and manual control ability, with common power supply lines (not doepfer or motm or dotcom or whatever system...). also i´m on the search for the same for the ssm2044. there are several schems out there, but i found none which fits my needs...

thank you,

tobias.

hey stryd,

by several i meant for both, the cem and the ssm. for the ssm i only found this one besides the original schematic:

http://www.modular.fonik.de/files/SSM2044.pdf (i think it´s good because he substituted the ca3080 used in many circuits with a tl084)

my needs:

ssm: voltage control for cutoff, resonance

manual control of cutoff, resonance and in- and output gain

2 mixable audio inputs with volume control

audio out

cem3378: 2 audio ins, volume control and mix

vc for cutoff, resonance and vca

audio out with volume control

all of the mentioned also as manual control

cem3379: same as above, but with a voltage controlled output panner (also

manually controllable.

as there are not too many schems around i´m afraid i have to design my own filters.. well, i have to learn more about analog filter circuits, but if someone already did something similar i won´t be shy to use it.  ;D

but i am willing to do research on my own, but there´s so little time...

well, maybe someone can give me a hint where to find some schems, if not i´ll try myself ans post the results...

i just recognized that doepfer has a odule called a-109 vc signal processor - that´s it for the 3379!

cool.

maye someone has a schematic for this?

they also have the module a-105 with the 2044...

i wonder why i didn´t find these earlier...

Apparently the only difference is the CEM3378 can mix two inputs (with balance control), the CEM3379 can split into two outputs (with pan control). Since you're probably not using those CVs, there's no difference.

why not using this cv input: with the 3378 you can with a lfo routed to send two patch in the filter (two patch slighty differents, that must sound cool) and use the VCA of the main output for tremolo..or with the other type you can do stereo effect..

doeas anyone have known-good schematics for both of those cem´s? i mean with full cv-control and manual control ability, with common power supply lines (not doepfer or motm or dotcom or whatever system...). also i´m on the search for the same for the ssm2044. there are several schems out there, but i found none which fits my needs...

I've used the shematic as given in the original datasheet and it work well with Aout LC modules.

Secret filter box mox! Heheheh Don't suppose the layout is still around?

the only secret for me is "why I don't take one or two days to finish this project" ;-)

for the layout, it's quiet simple, I think I've worked on the fly, but I will verify if there is not some note I wrote  (I remember me tracing representation of the contact line of my stripboard directly on the schematic from the PDF !) ..At the least, I can extract a layout of my already done bredboard!

• 2 months later...

These CEM chips are nowhere to be found, why is this popularity then? Ebay has SSM2044.

The topic starter wanted 303 sounds, well, that "+!%"+!" has no bass any fuckin way, so 303 fans can stop reading right now.

I read that Korg poly6 has low frequency compensation for the 2044. I want to know about details for my CV controlled WAH WAH FX.  IDEA?

These CEM chips are nowhere to be found, why is this popularity then? Ebay has SSM2044.

The topic starter wanted 303 sounds, well, that "+!%"+!" has no bass any fuckin way, so 303 fans can stop reading right now.

I read that Korg poly6 has low frequency compensation for the 2044. I want to know about details for my CV controlled WAH WAH FX.  IDEA?

Listen to one of these

http://www.oakleysound.com/tm3030.htm

Samples on the page.

You been standing in too many bass bins? Anyway, you want that high density comb filtered bass effect, then the multi SID should give you binsfull, if your programming is up to it.

Meanwhile, do you mean this?

http://www.analog-synth.de/synths/mod2/ssmlowpass/ssmlowpass.htm

Edited to add - also

http://www.oldcrows.net/~oldcrow/synth/korg/polysix/manuals/service/miniserv.html

Remember: "Google is your friend"

Best wishes

Mike

wow thanks. Really, I meant I would take a Roland D-50 over the 303 any day of the year, personally. The polysix has dire modulation, and no CV or midi, if it had, it would have 2k pricetag easily... BBD Chorus, 6x osc, vcf...My idea is somewhat like it , but with CV from ground up  (: BTW I bought 4x 2044-s for 30 USD. BBD: If you find MN3004 or its Philips counterpart, we can build the Roland System 700 delay/chorus/flanger thing (module 721), even PCB can be obtained with google.

My favourite website recently , this is why I wrote 303 has no lows, if we compare it to these, this is apparent IMHO

http://www.synthmania.com/polysix.htm

http://www.synthmania.com/d-50.htm

Nice sounds! Though using more than one oscillator does help.  Some gated reverb or a similar comb-filter trick can 'phatten' up some quite unremarkable bass, too.

Have you ever checked out how Sony's "Mega Bass" worked? Interesting trick that could possiblt be replicated as a VST.

Mike