Bug: SEQ3.2 shows #55 for Dest-Channel in Router

Rio

After uploading from 3.1 to 3.2, SEQ3.2 application shows me a value: #55 for Dest-Channel for all Ports in Router.. (maybe it's a value 255). Only if i rotate it up then channel #16 will be shown and i can scroll down to #1.

But everytime i switched the SEQ on & opened the router menu, that "55" is shown again.

Everything works fine in 3.1 before.

Do you see these values really for all destination channels, or only for the IIC1 source?

And did you upload an old EEPROM dump after installation of MBSEQ V3.2?

Only this would explain the behaviour. In line 411 of seq_dump.inc, the "movlw 8" has to be replaced by "movlw 2*8", so that IIC1 routing definitions are stored. This is the reason why some definitions are not stored.

But if you are not using the new IIC1 MIDI In, then this isn't really an issue for you, correct?

The root cause why you see the invalid values could be, that the unusued EEPROM content is not preloaded with zeros from seq_preset.inc - this would only be a problem if somebody stores the EEPROM content via MIOS download request, and stores it back via MIOS upload. A proper solution will be available with the next release (I'm sure that there are more bugs in the firmware which need to be fixed - yesterday I found two ;-))

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Do you see these values really for all destination channels, or only for the IIC1 source?

it's for both IN-Ports.

And did you upload an old EEPROM dump after installation of MBSEQ V3.2?

no, but my old settings / tracks wasn't overwritten on EEPROM after uploading... upload-versions before were clearing the A1 bank everytime.

That this A1 isn't cleared in 3.2 upload is an advantage... but maybe this is the reason for that problem... i don't know. I'll format all EEPROMs and check it out.

Only this would explain the behaviour. In line 411 of seq_dump.inc, the "movlw 8" has to be replaced by "movlw 2*8", so that IIC1 routing definitions are stored. This is the reason why some definitions are not stored.

i don't know... what should i do?

But if you are not using the new IIC1 MIDI In, then this isn't really an issue for you, correct?

if there is shown a #55 then i don't know which channel is choosen for dest-channel in router... that would be a disadvantage.

In future i'll build up the IIC1 MIDI-IN. At time i work with only Int.MIDI IN-Port.

The root cause why you see the invalid values could be, that the unusued EEPROM content is not preloaded with zeros from seq_preset.inc - this would only be a problem if somebody stores the EEPROM content via MIOS download request, and stores it back via MIOS upload. A proper solution will be available with the next release (I'm sure that there are more bugs in the firmware which need to be fixed - yesterday I found two ;-))

Cool, i wish all best for further support... I'm really pleased about that SEQ Project all in all... Great work..!

I'll format the EEPROMs and post you the result..

Greets, Rio.

Stop!

I'm not talking about the BankStick EEPROMs, but about the internal EEPROM, which is used as storage for global settings (like the router configuration).

My assumption was based on the only case I can imagine for such a misbehaviour. But since it seems that you haven't overwritten the internal EEPROM with a special SysEx dump, I can only say: either there is an important point which you missed to mention, or something went wrong during the installation of the new firmware.

Which MIOS version is installed?

And did you receive any error message during the code upload of the new firmware? (Especially for the last parts at address 0x00F00200 .. 0x00F03FF ?

Do you see the wrong values immediately after power-on when you enter the MIDI configuration menu, or are you doing anything else in between?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

sorry TK, i found the problem out..

It must be an upload error or something else. i've uploaded the whole application again and now all works fine.

Pattern A1 is then set to C-3...C-3...C-3...C-3

Router works fine...

Greets, Rio.