Led turn off after button pressed?

thestruggler

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to make mb64 LED stay on when button is pressed. At the moment it just turns on and then off again when a button is pressed, and I want the LED to stay on after the button is pressed, and then turn off when the button is pressed again.

I have been trying the various parameters in the MB64 and edit events. The different paranmeters for the buttons don't make a difference.

Should i be looking to edit the midibox64 ini in the mk_syx? If so what should I be editing?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

My programming is not very good. AM just trying to figure out what files to change and how.

I have followed the steps in installing perl, ultraedit, mid-ox, and so on.

At the moment the mb64 is running the complete application midibox64_v2_4.zip. Am I supposed to edit a file from this?

I do not have a bankstick installed, if i did would i be able to it through MIDIbox .syx configuration, should I be looking at serge's midibox editor?

I am a bit lost, any pointers in the correct direction would help.

Thanks

It's the toggle function which you need to activate. It can be done for each button seperately.

You could do this from the menu interface (go into MIDI learn mode and press the SELECT button to change the button mode before a new MIDI message is learned), or if you want to use the mk_syx.zip script, write @Toggle instead of @OnOff

I believe the button behaviour can also be changed with Serge's editor... so there should be multiple ways which are worth for trying out :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

You're lucky!

The function has been written for you already...

But it could be a good oportunity to learn a bit about coding too. Check out some of the examples, especially the C stuff, which IMO is easier to get into than ASM.

You never quite know what you want to do, until you realise what you can do...