midi channel select in low cost version of Midibox64

bob1

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before can't find a precise answer on that by just reading into it, tho.

I plan on building a very basic version with 32 pots and 16 buttons and nothing more.

As far as I got it I'll have Midi learn functionality out of the box, without having to configure anything via display or doing the script conversion and upload process, right?

If so is there a way to easily switch between midi channels or even assign seperate channel config. for the pot and button sections?

although i would highly recommend buying a small lcd (2x16 is sufficient and very cheap) that you would connect only at the assembling stage and then disconnecting it when you put everything in your desired box.

with analog inputs (pots) there is a lot of trouble shooting to do, especially grounding issues. the lcd will show you quickly that something isn't alright.

on the other hand - you can also launch midi-ox on your pc and troubleshoot from there.

Yes, there is a global MIDI channel which can optionally overrule the channel settings of the bank setup. And this channel could be modified via buttons, which are assigned to Meta events. For a meta event some extra code is required, but I would say: just ask for the code once the box is ready, so that you can immediately try it out.

Best Regards, Thorsten.