midibox 64 and 64e feature request. midi feedback to control douts

polosid

is it possible to modify the code of midibox 64 and 64e to allow dout pins (leds) to be controlled from external midi notes?

the midibox 64e shows the status of the cc's associated to the encoders with ledrings but not the notes associated to the buttons. i think it's a usefull feaure when soft sequencers like nuendo cubase or similar are used(to see mute solo status for example)

Hi,

you already can use this feature!

No need to modify.

From the MIDIbox64e Design: (http://www.ucapps.de/midibox16e.html)

"...Also the LEDs assigned to the buttons are nice-to-have, but no must. They can either indicate the status of the button (especially usefull if the button is in toggle mode), or they can be controlled via MIDI (-> native MIDI remote support). See also this schematic...."

greets

Doc

i tryed to send back to the midibox the same melody i played, same channel, but nothing appens.

my midiboxes are not stuffed with lcd. is there a way to activate the midi remote support using serge vmidibox programmers?

another question: i use only 4 encoders + ledrings in my midibox64E. is it possible to gert most bright ledrings?

By default the LEDs are not switched via external MIDI events, this has to be enabled for each DOUT register seperately in the .ini file (-> mk_syx script), or with Serge's MIDIbox editor.

Here the options and the default mapping:

################################################################################
# LED Map: assignes the LED shift registers to the Button Shift
# registers or special values
# Currently following values are supported:
#    0    Default Setting (see Map below)
#    1    Button Shift Register 1 (Button ID #1-#8)
#    2    Button Shift Register 2 (Button ID #9-#16)
#    3    Button Shift Register 3 (F1-F4 and Navigation Buttons: ID #17-#24)
#    4    Button Shift Register 4 (Button ID #25-#32)
#    5    Button Shift Register 5 (Button ID #33-#40)
#    6    Button Shift Register 6 (Button ID #41-#48)
#    7    Button Shift Register 7 (Button ID #49-#56)
#    8    Button Shift Register 8 (Button ID #57-#64)
#    9    reserved
#  10    External Bank (1 of 8 )
#  11-15  reserved
#  16    MIDI Status received for Button ID #1-#8
#  17    MIDI Status received for Button ID #9-#16
#  18    MIDI Status received for Button ID #17-#24
#  19    MIDI Status received for Button ID #25-#32
#  20    MIDI Status received for Button ID #33-#40
#  21    MIDI Status received for Button ID #41-#48
#  22    MIDI Status received for Button ID #49-#56
#  23    MIDI Status received for Button ID #57-#64
#  24-31  reserved
################################################################################
[LED_MAP]
  LED_SR1 = 1    # (Button ID #1-#8)
  LED_SR2 = 2    # (Button ID #9-#16)
  LED_SR3 = 3    # (F1-F4 and Navigation Buttons: ID #17-#24)
  LED_SR4 = 4    # (Button ID #57-#64)
  LED_SR5 = 5    # (Button ID #25-#32)
  LED_SR6 = 6    # (Button ID #33-#40)
  LED_SR7 = 7    # (Button ID #41-#48)
  LED_SR8 = 8    # (Button ID #49-#56)
[/code]

Brighter LED rings: yes, you could reduce the cycle counter from 16 to 4 in order to get brighter LEDs w/o additional hardware measure.

Within mb64e_ledrings.inc, search for the first "andlw 0x0f", and replace it by "andlw 0x03"

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So far I remember, you only need to enable some kind of feedback flag in Cubase, so that an incoming button event will be sent back to MB64E in order to control the LED? This is the perfect solution anyhow, because the LEDs will always be in sync with the sequencer (especially important when you load a new song)

I'm a Logic user, so I cannot help you how to configure Cubase correctly

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So far I remember, you only need to enable some kind of feedback flag in Cubase, so that an incoming button event will be sent back to MB64E in order to control the LED? This is the perfect solution anyhow, because the LEDs will always be in sync with the sequencer

True in a perfect world I guess. :(

I've mentioned it a few times, but check this thread for a recent description if you are indeed trying to use the Steinberg generic remote:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=9507.0

Again, if someone can make that work correctly, please describe the process. ???

Otherwise, please bitch to Steinberg and let them know that we can't all afford a WK ID controller. As they are still busy working on N4 (and fixing all the stuff people reported for the new Cubase 8)), it might be a good time to get them to tweak something.

Take Care