Optimized PSU

dubka

Okay, I got the C64 (with an 8580 r5) and I want to make the optimized PSU while I wait for my kits to arrive.  So I went to Maplin to get the board to make it on - but came home with nothing because there were too many types of board.  Which do I need?  The plain one with nothing on it at all?

Cheers,

Martin

I think that's what they call matrix board, with small copper rings around each hole. I like that more than perfboard, which is plain phenolic with no copper on. You could use stripboard too, but it's easier to get shorts with that if you're not careful.

I say go with the matrix board. It's all just as expensive, I think last time I was in there, a 1" x 4" piece was £4.50 or something, which is scandalous!

I had the pleasure of buying from Maplin when I was in London recently doing an exhibition, we urgently needed a 10m VGA cable so we could put the projector in the ceiling of our booth. £39.99 for a 10m VGA cable? That's like three times the price here. Scandalous indeed!

Yep! How did you find the staff? The one's in London aren't too bad, but i've been in Maplins all over the country and have come to the conclusion that they generally only employ rude and ignorant staff, but maybe that's just me. Actually it's funny, my local Maplins is round the corner from my studio, so i'm there a lot. They keep trying to give me a job.. ::)