DXF hell - Autocad ppl PLEASE help me

DavidBanner

Hi people,

I'm having problems, the kind that make me all sad and angry and green ;)

I've done my frontpanel layout in Freehand (so it's all vectors), and printed it out, done the cut-outs on paper to check it all fits etc etc.

BUT no-one takes Freehand files for CNC work, so I need to convert the files across.

I've tried AIDE - PDF to DXF converter - it looks okay (to my very very untrained eye) in Autocad 2000 to me, but the CNC place said it had errors like double lines etc. I opened the DXF In KellyCam it's completely boned.

It would make my day/week/month if someone out there would be kind enough to do one of the following for me:

a) tell me the best way to convert the file from Freehand to DXF and and tricks, or tell me a program which won't take 3 months to learn where I can import a 100% size version of my work (i.e. as JPG or TIF) and layout over the top to produce a decent DXF.

b) have a quick peek at the PDF (preview to see what I meant it to look like) and DXF files I've made and let me know if it's really boned and if so how badly.

cheers,

D