DJ MIDI Controller

just_go

i want DIY dj midi controller.. i want control ableton live..

design desirable like Evolution UC33e

ai need only midi connection (USB connection if not difficult) and about 70 press buttons;

35 knobs; 9 assignables faders; all these generate midi messedges fot ableton..

good  example sashas MAVEN Controll..

can any halp me>?? have any schematics>? example??

for what i shoud begin..?:)

cheerz

welcome to the board!

a little word to the wise if I may:

it's all here in ucapps - what you are NOT going to get is what you asked for! don't get me wrong, the info is here, but no-one is gonna serve it to you on a silver platter - to do so, would be to rob you of much knowledge and fun

what you will get is help with specific implimentation issues and tech problems.

I had the EXACT same questions when I first found this place (ableton, control, I followed a link from a Sasha's maven google), but I did the homework....

brd's, schematics - all here, except for the control layers - that's down to you.

I'll give you as much help as I can and where my knowledge runs out there are some seriously clued up ppl here to help you - just give me/us the reasons to help you....

this place is all about putting the work in, TK set this place up to push ppl to learn more about electronics than they ever knew they could and that ethos is defended with a passion, your post (albeit innocently on your part I'm sure) could be seen as lazy, spend the next few weeks reading everything on the site and the forums and ask questions of things that are confusing you.

It's normal to get a brain melt down (well for me it was normal) from info overload, stick with it and you'll find yourself knowing how to do things you never dreamed you would be even a week ago ;)

Welcome aboard just_go :D

You must have somehow missed the sticky topic that said not to post such things in the User Projects forum, so I've moved this to Design Concepts.

This topic has been covered many times in the past, I'm sure you'll find a lot of information if you use the search link up there. I should say, that if the UC33 is just what you need, it will be cheaper and easier to buy one of those.... Making a DIY controller is something you might want to do if you have a specific need which is not filled by any commercially available device.

Funny you should mention the Maven, as it is stolen midibox IP. That's a topic best left alone, I think ;)

welcome aboard !

as stryd and david said, you will have to develop by your own what you want. but there is all what is needed on ucapps to help you out.

buying a UC33 would be faster and easier (and cheaper too)

look at it :

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=9666.0

i use it to trigger clips in ableton (64 real buttons, but 16x64x2=2048 virtual available, using layers and the 16 midi channels).

the mixing in ableton is controlled by my mackie control so i did not focused on faders.

firmware 1.1 works ! (all is working)

for the controller of sasha, you need to add AIN modules and complete the code (not hard). you can also add encoders (not hard) via DIN modules. look at the examples at the bottom of the page in :

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_c.html

BUT you can build it, easily.

Qbas has developped a firmware which enhance the matrix to 1024 buttons !! (not tested)

For that you will need a PCB.